• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

MRFD715

I have been looking for pictures like that for a long time! Looks like our truck is missing all the spotlights and what looks to be a winch on the front. I do know where we have the original light bar/siren speaker in storage though. Now if I can just find out where it served. Would there be any place on the truck, other than the data plate, that might give me a clue?

milfireguy

The only thing I can think of is finding a served location from the original paperwork when the rig was obtained from the government. In addition, paperwork that may have been in the vehicle, i.e. PM check sheets. Folks send to me AF rig photos all the time, I will be looking for that one picture to arrive with the AF reg # 70L 724.

Here is a long shot, but this sort of inquiry has helped me in past research. See if Partner Industries of America is still in business. If so, sent along a request for information on their AF P-10s produced in 1970. I did this for the P-10s produced by American Modular. They sent along a list of the units manufactured along with the AF reg #, and location the rig served. It is worth a shot.

Last edited:

tamangel

for those of you who like power wagons, here's a group of pic's..some military and some fire trucks..crazy prices ( this is the sold list)..put it on slideshow with a 2 sec delay and it will still take you 20 plus minutes to view them all ( 704 pics!) some nice rigs..

Sold

Mike W

surfdog

Came across this 1955 Dodge MB2 "Truck - Crash, Fire & Rescue, Small, Foam" today over in Massachusetts and stopped to take pictures. The fire department is looking to sell it. PM if any wants a contact #.

They know what they have and believe they have it priced accordingly.

PS - it is NOT the department listed on the hood of the vehicle selling it.

Attachments

tamangel

I found a reference to that config labeled as a M56 (with Gichner body). I see that the plate says MB2 on yours however..

although this page doesn't mention that fire body type but shows M56's in other configs.. maybe just cab/chassis variant makes it an M56, no matter what body is installed..?

M56 Chassis (G-741)

Mike W

FrankUSMC

That truck is a Navy/Marine MB2 crash truck. They are very rare. I have only seen one in my life and it was at White Owl parts company back in the early 1980s. It was just a stripped out body, they ended up crushing it.
On the one in the photos, it is missing it's doors, and it is missing the turret that was mounted up on the roof.
When I went into Crash Crew (did 4 years first as a Grunt) we had the old MB5 crash trucks from Viet Nam time frame, they were replaced in the mid80s by the P19A crash trucks.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

FrankUSMC

Mike
I just reread your post, yes, it was a M56 chassie, but once the crash truck body was put on it, it became a MB2.

FrankUSMC

Funny we are talking about the MB2, yesterday, I was moving some old paper work and found the photo of the one that was at White Owl parts company years ago.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a few pictures of some brush trucks I just picked up. The first is a 1969 KJ that is stock plus a master battery cutoff. Paperwork in the glove box suggested it served in the aftermath of Katrina moving food. Luckily a detailed schedule showed the FD unit was relocated prior to the storm.

The second deuce is a 1966 KJ but the configuration obviously shows it was a gasser at one point. I have yet to run the serial on the frame but the engine block is dated 1966. Paperwork shows she was in service until 2010.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks