• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP wheels and tires on a deuce?

hurtlec

I'm surprised that you found those for sale, we have a very hard time ordering and replacing those in the MRAP FLEET in theater and here in CONUS. I WOULD LOVE TO MEET THE IDIOT FROM THE GOVERNMENT WHO DECIDED TO TURN THOSE INTO TO DRMO, AND HAVE HIM/HER FIRED. I CONSIDER THIS FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE. YOU CANT JUST ORDER THE WHEEL ASSEMBLY AND THEN INSTALL THE TIRE, IT COMES AS ONE COMPLETE ASSEMBLY ( TIRE AND WHEEL) AND THEY AREN'T CHEAP!!

AceHigh

Hurtlec, sometimes it is a government idiot, but keep in mind we get a lot of stuff from the manufacturers themselves. Sometimes they overproduce, have contracts canceled, or get items rejected for reasons that do not affect us.

Still, I think everyone agrees our troops deserve to have all their equipment needs met. Hope the situation improves for you.

hurtlec

ACE HIGH, ROGER, DON'T BLAME ANYONE BUT DRMO

BUT DON'T CONCUR, ON THE MRAP CONTRACT, THE MANUFACTURER, BY CONTRACT CANNOT SELL ANY PART OF THE MRAP, AND AS THIS IS A NEW PIECE OF EQUIPMENT, RECENTLY FIELDED, THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED TO TURN IN ANYTHING TO DRMO. THE PM and TACOM MAKE THOSE DECISIONS. IF THESE WERE DISPOSED AT WARNER ROBBINS AFB, THIS IS NOT AN AIR FORCE PROBLEM. BUT A DOD PROBLEM! I HAVE 50 OF THESE, AND IF I NEED A TIRE ASSEMBLY, THE WAIT TIME IS 30-90 DAYS. THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO GO BACK INTO THE SUPPLY SYSTEM AND STOCK THE DEPOTS. AND IF I NEED ONE OR A SET I CAN SEE THEM, REQUISITION AND HAVE THEM SHIPPED TO THE APPROPRIATE SITE THAT NEEDS THEM.

SO I WILL HOP OFF MY SOAPBOX, AND HOPE THAT THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN. THIS ISN'T A GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE FOR DOD AND THE US TAXPAYERS. SORRY TO ALL IF THIS IS A DETRACTOR FROM THE HOBBY THAT I LOVE SO MUCH! THIS A GREAT FORUM AND DON'T MEAN TO BE A SPOIL SPORT.

mdmorganwife

BUT DON'T CONCUR, ON THE MRAP CONTRACT, THE MANUFACTURER, BY CONTRACT CANNOT SELL ANY PART OF THE MRAP, AND AS THIS IS A NEW PIECE OF EQUIPMENT, RECENTLY FIELDED, THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED TO TURN IN ANYTHING TO DRMO. THE PM and TACOM MAKE THOSE DECISIONS. IF THESE WERE DISPOSED AT WARNER ROBBINS AFB, THIS IS NOT AN AIR FORCE PROBLEM. BUT A DOD PROBLEM! I HAVE 50 OF THESE, AND IF I NEED A TIRE ASSEMBLY, THE WAIT TIME IS 30-90 DAYS. THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO GO BACK INTO THE SUPPLY SYSTEM AND STOCK THE DEPOTS. AND IF I NEED ONE OR A SET I CAN SEE THEM, REQUISITION AND HAVE THEM SHIPPED TO THE APPROPRIATE SITE THAT NEEDS THEM.

SO I WILL HOP OFF MY SOAPBOX, AND HOPE THAT THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN. THIS ISN'T A GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE FOR DOD AND THE US TAXPAYERS. SORRY TO ALL IF THIS IS A DETRACTOR FROM THE HOBBY THAT I LOVE SO MUCH! THIS A GREAT FORUM AND DON'T MEAN TO BE A SPOIL SPORT.

They were out of redstone, not warner robins(<---1 b not 2) and there were 2 sets that sold. And yes they did cost the gov a looooooot of money, about $4,500 ea. or about $27,000 total. We paid about 10% of that.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have bought several parts that the NSN came back to a MRAP vehicle. Most in lots with multiple items. suspension stuff mainly all went to scrap.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hurtlec, at least those tires and rims got turned into DRMO, instead of getting burned or buried. I guess it sucks when work interrupts some peoples' day. You wouldn't believe what I saw go on over "there". aua:soapbox:

RDUKW

I am wondering if there is something being out of spec or out dated on those wheels because there has been several sets for sale or sold out here in California as well. It is odd that they would surplus new parts for current vehicles across the country with out a reason.

Ryan

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Finally got around to getting one of the wheels blasted, painted and adapter plates bolted on. These things couldn't fit any more perfect, absolutely no rubbing on the steering arm there is a full 2 inches at full right turn, the only thing that may rub is the back inside on the inner fender at full left turn at full stuff. Now for pics.

Attachments