• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR RECOVERY from Yermo cali to Georgia

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you hadn't been able to get out of swamp I would have been there to help you by staying out. That would have been a lonnnng night if the two people with the heaviest trucks were mired up to the axels.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Finished the air conditioning install, going to troubleshoot why the fan does not come on and cool when the head pressure on the compressor gets too high.

Fixed CTIS that had failed from a bad “check” solenoid, and cleaned it up to take to Caffeine and octane in Atlanta.

Drug home a rare M931 navy truck with paper clip lift points (getting a full part out, tires unavailable)

And performed a minor recovery of a buddy Stuck on a stump in a sandy creek.

Now I’m starting my winch bumper install using a MRAP alpha bumper. Trying to mock up mounts are burning a hole in my tired brain. I want to retain factory turn signals, retain factory tow points etc for tow bar recovery but what a pain this is. It’s all worth it though because I already have a NOS 18k warn to mount in it IMG_4164.jpg
IMG_4480.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_4509.jpg
IMG_4569.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nomadic

Such a bad ass truck. On the armored MTVR with the turret, what are those tan pole things with a spring used for?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Such a bad ass truck. On the armored MTVR with the turret, what are those tan pole things with a spring used for?
Those are Crew-Duke anti IED devices that function by jamming common civilian radio waves nearby to the vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks