• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV security

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Interesting marketing tatic

From their website:

Extreme Off-Road Equipment (They Screwed Me!!!)

Warning or Motto?
I believe that the company who is hosting the Extreme Off Road website is the one that added "They screwed me!"

Notice the url is like www.ourfarm.org and they (on a different page) claim that Extreme Off Road is a company they produced a website for.

I think when Extreme Off Road wernt out of business, www.ourfarm.org got screwed on a bill.

At first, Extreme offered trucks built to specs, restored, etc., etc., but then they website was down for awhile and when it came back, they were basically trying to position themselves as consultants/brokers/etc. Then the site disappeared for good.

The fella who has this website (http://www.57deuce.com/) apparently had them paint his truck. I remember it in the captions, then at some point, he removed all mention of them from the captions. Perhaps he knows something about their service or lack thereof.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rmgill said:
I made a locking door handle for mine. Do I need to repost the images?
Yes, Please!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great idea Mangus. I did a search for door locks and got 367 matches. Next I searched deuce door locks and i got 3,none of which were authored by Rmgill. To search for posts by author is difficult because you have to go through the complete members list to find who your looking for and then through all there post. I liked Ryans offer best. Is there a better way I don't know how to use?

mangus580

if you know a persons username, you can search by their posts too... , and even combine it with your other search of 'locks'

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
so i can seach by author and topic / key word?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thank's :lost:

yorkgulch2

door locks

The door locks that were advertised look like they are a generic door lock. I have not found them yet but am looking at old vehicle and garage locks. Napa also has an on off starterswitch but it is not spring loaded. As locking switch to cut power from the batteries would solve several problems for me as unless I disconnect my battery leads the batteries drain in about 2 months. I know "run it more often"

yorkgulch2

door locks

The door locks that were advertised look like they are a generic door lock. I have not found them yet but am looking at old vehicle and garage locks. Napa also has an on off starterswitch but it is not spring loaded. As locking switch to cut power from the batteries would solve several problems for me as unless I disconnect my battery leads the batteries drain in about 2 months. I know "run it more often"

Numbers

Electrical locks are ok if someone can't find them. Two ways and all off the same area can be done from the back of the starter switch. Not sure of the amperage but the toggle switch would have to be of that rating or higher. Here is a simple diagram of the electrical wiring. From the starter switch is also a wire that controls the fuel pump and the other the starter. If these switches are the lockable type it would even make it harder even if you knew where they were. Most other switches can be bypassed but if there small enough they might be able to hide better. I have done something similar on my jeep but only required one to shut off the fuel pump.

Attachments

SouthTexasDiesel

I built something to lock out the fuel kill switch. Took a 1/8"x1.5" flat bar and bent it into a tight U shape, then it just slides over the rod when it's pulled out and I stick a trailer lock pin to secure it, it also blocks the master power switch. Also, I use the steering wheel chain; and leave the transfer case in neutral. I keep the doors locked too, I got a soft top so I just pull one of the rubber straps to reach in and lock the driver side door.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks