• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Vandalism

Biggles

Someone felt the need to slash all of the tires on my deuce and CUCV the only one they missed was the spare on CUCV they busted out the passenger side windshield on the deuce stole my tools off the pioneer rack (I suspect they broke my windows and headlights with them) slashed up the seats and threw a chunk of metal through the back window on the M1009, oh and they keyed both trucks.

Pictures coming.

Biggles

The question now is what do I tell my insurance adjuster? he's coming out tomorrow morning and I'm afraid he'll total my deuce out and give me scrap value for it.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aww man! That SUCKS! I'm sorry to hear this. People just have no respect anymore. Did you call the Police? I know they probably won't do anything but at least you have a report.

It's such a shame. I've got some decent 9x20s I can give you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have full coverage on either vehicle? What insurance company do you have?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! This week seems to be high in the theft/vandalism bracket. Sorry to hear about that, it just doesnt make sense. How'd they slash the tires?

Biggles

The cops legitimately did and are doing detective work dusted both trucks for finger prints even took stuff to the crime lab. No suspec

Biggles

No suspects as of yet but they are working on it. I have comprehensive on both trucks through allstate. My fear at this point is the insurance company totaling out my deuce not giving me enough to buy another one and me having to buy my own truck back for scrap value of 1500 dollars or more.

Biggles

The cop said it looked like an ice pick through all of the tires. I'm thinking more like a battery drill. Whoever it was brought tools with them either way and they got both my MV's and didn't touch the wife's car.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The amount of damage they inflicted seems a bit much for vandalism.
Who'd ya pizz off?
Print out some prices for deuces and cucv's from the major surplus dealers i.e. Eastern, Clark, WhiteOwl, Memphis, heck even OES and hand them to the adjuster.

Last edited:

Biggles

The fact that I was the only victim and that they had to bring special tools of some type would imply it is a personal assault not just random vandals, I honestly can't think of anyone that would be upset with me but I'll be putting up alarms and trail cameras.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depending on the outcome of your insurance claim, you may want to consider getting Agreed Value insurance.

I once asked Dave Newman for help with cost estimates for parts, for a police report. He was very helpful.

I would suggest you help provide a couple estimates for the costs to repair the damage. I would try to use Memphis Equipment, Eastern Equipment, and Clark Equipment , for prices.

Last edited:

Josh

Man that sucks. I dont think they will total the deuce out for the tires and windows. The you can get 10 new NDCCs for 500-1000 bucks. Windows probably looking at 50-100 a pop, and the headlights are good old GE's.

It was probably some teenage kids looking for a thrill or something stupid. Its a shame. Wish ya the best of luck and hopefully they catch the *******s and castrate them so they cant produce useless offspring.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could also hire someone to watch your MVs as a security guy. You know, someone who is out of work, or could use some spare cash or beers. You know, someone into MVs that cares about them, someone good at...ahem...taking care of problems and who is...uh...really good at dealing with people in stressful situations.

Just a thought.

Biggles

I don't think either truck is totaled honestly they are both pretty close to "driveable" as in they'd still go just fine if someone were shooting at me. I think the problem is just they don't know where to get prices for parts or even values on the trucks. I'll try calling some of the surplus places and seeing what I can get in writing from them. their websites don't really have anything I can print and hand the insurance guy handy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks