• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Vandalism

R Racing

I have 8 camaras with IR watching mine nite and day. But they still vandilized my john deere tractor that was parked just over the bank out of camara shot.:evil:

Biggles

yeah there's some kids that live the other side of the block that have a ragged out camera a 90's mustang and a Ford F250 Every single one of which is louder than the deuce. they also regularly sit in the driveway drinking beer and yanking on the throttle cable of one or the other of these vehicles for a half hour or more at a time. I live in a small town. the kind of place where a deuce in the backyard is just as acceptable as a derby car in the front.

Biggles

It's probably in everyone's best interest that it didn't wake me up.....We'd know ho did it but things would be a **** of a lot more complicated for me right now so in a way I'm glad they got away with it. still hope the cops find their grubby little finger prints.

treeguy

WOW, I am very sorry to hear of your experience. It makes me sad just to read about it. This is one of those things in life that makes me and everyone else sooooooo MAD! With all the pride and hard work we put into our MV's it DOES seem like a personal attack. Busting up someones stuff is heart breaking and very personal. Gets me fired up and parinoid, I hope they get caught. Press charges???????????YOU BETCHYA!!!!!
SO SORRY to hear! :-|

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I would go to the press and see if you can get a reporter out there to do a story on it.

"Vandals attack patrotic vehicles" or something similar.

Offer a decent cash reward for information (if there was more than one someome will rat for the money) there is no honor among scumbags.

If the guilty party is found prosecute to the max and do not take a deal with the DA...if it is juveniles the parents can be held liable....make them pay or put a lien on everything they own.

People like that are why I advocate bringing back public flogging.

I know you are a long way from me but a tire dealer near me bought a pile of 900x20 NDT's by mistake and is motivated to move them.

I have a trailer in my yard that is headed for IL in the near future....if you made a deal for them maybe we could get them to you via "SS Express" to save you shipping.

Keep us informed......we are here for ya.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
biggles I am very sory to hear about his happening this is something I will NEVER understand what would posess somebody to feel obligated to destroy other peoples stuff? Its not like they were just lookings for stuff to steal but they took the time to wreck your property Again I am sorry to hear about this crap I just hope their actions catch up with them before to long!
KK

Biggles

Thanks for all the support folks. I think I'll be able to convince them not to total out wither truck and at that point it's as simple as pointing them to a price list for parts. then I can start shopping and repairing. The trucks will come back form this better than they were before give me a chance to clean them up and fix them up I guess.

Flyingvan911

Sorry to hear about your trucks. I'm glad the police are working on a thorough investigation. Good luck. Some people aren't worth the muck in their underpants.

Nonotagain

Since the vehicles were slashed and busted up you might want to check the fuel tanks for items that may have been dropped in before you attempt starting them.

I've seen first hand what sugar does to an engine when placed in a fuel tank.

There is a thread where someone dumped water in a fuel tank and rusted things up pretty good.

Last edited:

Biggles

Since the vehicles were slashed and busted up you might want to check the fuel tanks for items that may have been dropped in before you attempt starting them.

I've seen first had what sugar does to an engine when placed in a fuel tank.
Good call I'll be sure and give both trucks a good inspection before I do anything with them.

saddamsnightmare

April 13th, 2011.:evil:

Holy Snit, Biggles!

I am very sorry to hear of your trucks having been cut and beat up this way. Another reason for me not to bring my deuce up from Texas! At least down in Texas we have the castle law, which they need to get up here in IL. The cops would've never said much down there if you'd a bagged the perps (and I do mean BAG the perps). I have found from observation that the anti-military vehicle bias here is about thick enough to cut with a knife. I will say that I am appreciating Texas more now that I'm out of it, and I wish I could go back south as the weather's better and the attitudes to the MV's are way better.
If I can be of some service in the repairs, let me know, the Unimog's still having it's teething fits, but I can probably limp it down there in a pinch if you need something big moved. Time to look into a Morton Building and a S&W44, both of which cuts down on the problems really quickly. I'm here for now, and I used to be fairly good at repainting MV's, but then you're a king of the paint for what I remember.

:???:

Biggles

I do need my garage enlarged and as I said earlier it's probably best for everyone that they didn't wake me I have newmodel blackhawk in 45LC fairly accessible I even have 6 "special"rounds that are handloaded for it that I have been saving for an emergency situation.

Biggles

I'm hoping to have my tucks fixed better than they were before hand I'd been planning on working on the CUCV's suspension anyway. well I may as well get new tires while I have the wheels off the truck

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a bad deal. I never could understand vandalism, it underlies a total renunciation of the value of private property. Kind of a "if I can't have one, I will trash what you have". Anarchy? Anyhow, sorry it caught up with you. Hope insurance can make some of it right!

Sorry to hear about the vandalism. I'm glad to see the the police are working on it. Hope they catch them quickly and punish them to the max.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks