• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

robr

I just joined last night and read through every post on here non-stop! Where's your land in OK? I would love to see this in person. I think I could actually give my wife the bug if she rode in yours. Let me know if you're ever within a few hours of Tulsa and I am there. :drool:

:grd:

lol your going to hate me I went though Tulsa Monday and Today even stopped at Bass Pro I just got home a hour ago.
I have 60 acres in the Mountains outside of Wilburton, OK

Wichita is only about 2 hours away from Tulsa come up anytime or come to the Kansas Steel Solider Ralley I will be there

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/37174-2010-kansas-steel-soldiers-rally.html

swirvin21

Probably a good thing....I would have loved it, my wife would have wanted it, and I would have to guilt you into selling it by saying something about how much better you would build the 2nd one if you had to do it all over again! :mrgreen:

You're right, Wichita isn't that far and obviously you ride through Tulsa pretty regularly. If you ever need someone to go check up on your land I'll be happy to park a few projects there!! :beer:

robr

well the electric window mod is under way looks like this set is going to work with out cutting the doors up Im only going to have to drill 3 holes in the door panel
I did have to remove the metal on the bottom of the window the bracket for the power windows mount to the glass I will add some pictures Monday

robr

you use the front hangers and springs off of a donor truck but you will need to have the springs rearched so the trucks rear end sits right some guys use blocks I am not a big fan of using blocks

Cigarjoe

I have been following this thread for some time now and man your truck looks good. You have inspired me to do some stuff when I get one. It will have to wait as I am getting prepared to start a frame off restoration on my M1008 going to go 100% original and as much as I can NOS. I think your truck would look very nice with some nice marker lights on the cab.

robr

here are some pics of the electric window mod
Im going to make spacers to go behind the new switches that will cover the old crank hole so I don't have to grind down were the old window crank was or vacuum form a upper door panel to hide it all

Attachments

robr

Incredible Robr !!! Your the Best !!!

What about an electric sun roof for the pop up .50 cal ?
I looked into a electric sunroof I haven't made up my mind
I hate the sunroof in my hummer It reflects all the gauges lights at night I never open the black out shade on it

robr

here is the vacuum form mold for the drivers side upper door panel this will hide the window crank hole an the mounting bolts for the power window it will also give me a place to mount the switches it will be formed out of tan kydex
the passenger side mold will be done in the morning

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks