• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My GMC, a little update

Gunfreak25

I sure hope so, my buckets are apart for rebuilding. Parking on the lawn is just great ain't it? I wake up every morning to a cup of cino and the smile of a GMC. It's a beautiful thing.

Should have some updates to post in a few weeks when some parts arrive.

Are you getting your frostbitten rump down here or not?

Gunfreak25

Crunched some numbers today. The GMC needs $910 until it's finished.

I have $850 worth of gun work sitting here that keeps pouring in the front door. So for the time being, the cab will just continue to be stuffed with bought parts until it's all ready to throw together in one get go.

Sweet. :beer:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aerodyne sleeper

Found a pic of the 72' Chev in about 1984 after it's first paint. Built the sleeper in 81' when aerodyne and cedar was in. Big enough to lay down, stand up or both at the same time.

The plexi-glass cockpit style windows gave a nice view over the cab while riding down the highway. Nice touch for the 211!

Attachments

Gunfreak25

Guy's, I have not given up. Due to some unexpected things going on here at home, I have decided it's time to make some changes for myself. At 21, I am LONG overdue for a running driving vehicle. It's been a heck of an adventure and I have met some very cool people and learned a lot of things. I do not regret buying the GMC because of everything it has given me.

The grandparents in their typical awesomeness fashion have no issue with the GMC staying in the backyard until it reaches completion, however long it may take.

A local man is selling an M1008 for $2500, it is stored in a yard and he will take payments. I hope to go take a look at it in couple day's. In the meantime I just continue to make wood dust at the workbench, stay busy and put a couple bucks in the GMC from time to time.

Gunfreak25

No Dave, to the best of my knowledge I will not be laboring anytime soon. Is that even possible? :? As a child I remember reading my older brothers magazines in the dark, which is probably why I know nothing about sex to this day.

Two wheels are complete with new seals, washed and repacked bearings, everything adjusted per the book and back on for good. I started on 2 more hubs the other day. The motor is being slowly rebuilt and the 700r4 will share the same fate. No rush on anything anymore.

I took this little 96 Honda *PASSPORT* (Isuzu made) for a long test drive today and all that's left now is to make some payments on it before I can drive her the 20 miles home. Runs great, looks great, 3.2 V6, overdrive auto, 4x4, AC, cd ready, came stock with 4.56 axles (Dana 44s). Has a "winter mode" for slippery roads. Alberta safe?

Aunt and uncle are due Thursday and grandfather goes in for his stents same day. As I said, I've made some changes here for myself. The grandfolks are in their prime and need to enjoy the years they have left, free of the burden of us younglins however responsible and or level headed we may be.

If I travel north in search of better career opportunities, women, expensive whiskey and all things vital to a healthy lifestyle the GMC will likely stay behind for a couple seasons whether it's finished or not.

Attachments

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isuzu Passport

So nice to see a green lawn.

If you get that Isuzu, when you get to the border and they ask to see your 'passport'.........

My sis' and her hubby have one and love it for snow plowing. Check for a block heater.

You're in a great location for storing and saving trucks and it just gets better every year. At some point in your life, if you keep it, you can say you're driving a one hundred year old truck.....pretty cool.

One bite at a time keeps it fun.

Stan Leschert

Regimental Sargeant Major Ron Snellgrove, and his wife Gail,are almost on the road to Mesa. He has your contact info and the "Goodie Bag". There is an extra in there for you!

Once he has the RV set up, he says that he will be doing some travelling.
Your home base will probably be on his route,
so don't worry about going up to Mesa to get the stuff.

Ron said something about having a beer with you. He's a good troop.

I will PM you his details,once I get details of his southern Landing Zone.

Christmas comes early. Enjoy!

Stan Leschert

Nice Isuzu. I have one almost exactly like it (Rodeo).
It lost a vent window today, due to a break in,
but the only thing that the crack head cost me was the window.

Some of our crew caused him to bolt.

Guys with guns seem to be a deterrent.
He left before our crew had a reason to fill out long reports,
and make the dreaded call for a coroner.

Weak window is about to be replaced with 1/4" Armored Aluminum.
.... Just because I have a spare chunk sitting around.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Four wheel Drive

You'll need a 4x4!

Finished the roof in the dark last night with 50mm of snow in the forecast. We shoveled the snow off Saturday, stripped, flashed, caulked, vented, insulated, tar papered and shingled in the only three days of summer I had left.
Started snowing this morning and as you can see on the scaffolding, got nearly a foot in 4 hours.

126 accidents in 4 hours since morning rush hour.

I've got a few days of pushing and only one track hoe left to get home so...........

I'll read back on the lights 'need' but just in case I can get out of here, what else is on the list?

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6x6 aerodyne camper

Put together a little drawing for you with an aerodyne sleeper on the deuce.

The kids and I were going to color it for you but thought you might like to do it.

This is what happens when I'm not workin' 20hrs a day..........I should drive to Phoenix.

Attachments

Gunfreak25

You can send some of that white stuff down this way as long as your boxing parts up. Seriously man, mason jar that crap. It's 93 today.

-Missing all 6 brass fittings used at each axle to connect flex hoses to chassis. Also need all 6 banjo bolts for each said fitting.

Gunfreak25

Put my first of 4 payments on the Isuzu/Honda today. He gave me the keys to have something to "hold onto". Stan, Isuzu made the Rodeo's for Honda, Honda just called them Passports and put their emblems on. Same vehicles! :)

Would you mind posting up a pic of your Rodeo?

Gunfreak25

Stan, I would be honored to slap your badge on the truck! I feel as if y'all have bestowed a metal upon me and the GMC. There will with great sadness, continue to be a lack of updates for awhile. The good news of course is it's not going anywhere, it will be finished. I just have to put other things first for awhile. I try not to think of it as a step back in getting it finished, but a huge step forward. The GMC, the forum and it's members have been my focal point for 3 years. And I have absolutely no regrets as it has brought me untold amounts of joy, camaraderie amongst fellow green addicts, even a different out look on life itself and what one can achieve if they dive in head first instead of just getting their feet a little wet. But, alas the GMC has taken it's proper place in my life as a true blue "project" and not something to be built and inevitably used for what I had planned. There is an obvious difference between a toy and a tool.

RSM Snellgrove and I have touched bases already, he is planning a trip down to Yuma on his motorcycle. My aunt and uncle are coming down from Mesa (phoenix) for my Grandfathers birthday on Dec 11th, I will be asking them to pickup the bows for me. Snellgrove as excellent timing as a new brew "pub" just opened up in town, said to have over 250 selections. I'm sure your Canadian brother will school me! :beer:

Gunfreak25

I'm going to assume at this point that everyone on SS misses me, not just a couple eccentric snow blowers up north who shall remain nameless. Just so everyone knows i'm alive and have not joined the sir-cus here's a mugshot I took last night. Sat in the Jimmy tonight for the first time in over a month. A couple "vroom vrooms" and a few choice words brought back all the good times I've had the past 3 years working with her and y'all.

If I may reiterate those words I spoke back in October of 2009, failure has never been an option.

Miss everyone on here! :beer:

Attachments

Section8

Missing all your informative updates and how to's.
Seriously though I understand about life getting in the way of things some times. I am trying hard to keep things together here. To my truck off the for sale adds for now.
As long as your grandparents don't mind the rig sitting there it will keep drawing you back!! Just remember to let us know what you did to it even if its to just sit in it and go VROOM!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks