• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Install on a Deuce Muffler

chgofiveo

I went with the Donaldson M070028 and used compression clamps top and bottom instead of the old standby "D" style clamp. I also left the heat shield the standard size and centered it on the muffler, welding 4 nuts onto the muffler to make it stick out a bit. I was able to position it and use the same mounting bracket under the top compression clamp. l painted it with high temp flat black prior to the install. After a few heat ups and cool downs, I gave it the spay can "Cammo" look. The noise difference inside the cab, while driving is, in my opinion, cut in half. It very much STILL has that great Army Truck sound, only not quite as loud. Great improvement...Total cost: $120.00... Let me know what you think

Attachments

toddm

I think some of my neighbors would like that set up. But I haven't decided whether I'll do it or not. Looks great!

chgofiveo

I think you would be happy with the results BUT if your doing it just for the neighbors, the truck is almost as loud outside (when standing next to it) as ever (IE Engine noise ect)

chgofiveo

Good job, were did you get the muffler and what size?
Thanks John
The muffler is a Donaldson M070028. If you Google the brand and part number you can find all the muffler specs. i purchased it from Midway Truck Parts, just outside Chicago, IL. Any truck parts place can get you the same muffler or if the dont carry Donaldson, they can get the equivilant

Thanks for taking the time to look

chgofiveo

Great looking addition. Slightly off topic, what size tires are you running? I see you have A3 wheels in the front, what are you running in the back?
Those are the 46'' 395 Michelin tires. The rims are custom made by Clinton from C & C Equiptment in Unionville Indiana. The rims offset is different between the front and rear so that all the tires line up and track the same.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you need further info.