• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Install on a Deuce Muffler

chgofiveo

Actually, the arrow on the muffler points to the inlet... It says inlet inside the arrow (Hard to see in the pic) but very confusing never the less! You have a good set of eyes on you! Take care Brother

chgofiveo

I didn't notice any power loss what so ever after the muffler install. I did notice a significant noise reduction though. So much so, that I don't have to sprinkle diamonds on the passenger floor to get my wife in the truck! You can still hear it whistle only not as pronounced. I'm pretty sure the muffler is baffled, but don't quote me. Try to GOOGLE Donaldson M070028 to get exact specs. Over all, I am VERY happy with it. Hope this helps. Good luck

chgofiveo

They are 3 ich compression clamps. I got them at a local truck parts place. They are very common. Anyone who carries the muffler will have the clamps.

Varyag

On picture two in the first page, is that the flow direction arrow or just a company stamp?

What is the model number of the muffler? i am going to napa tomorrow to do the exact same thing.

chgofiveo

The muffler is a Donaldson M070028. That is an arrow on the muffler, is doesnt show the air flow direction...It points to the INLET. It actually says, "INLET" inside the arrow (hard to see in the picture). Makes it hard to screw it up. Good luck with the install, I found it to be pretty easy, (esp for a guy with 10 thumbs). I think you will be real happy with it...I am :-D

chgofiveo

Thanks for the info man. Yeah, I want to take the wife and kid for a ride, but it is just a tad too loud. By a tad I mean a butt load.
Yeh, I know what you mean...Before the muffler the wife would get in the truck and scream at me while we were driving, and I could barely hear her...After the muffler, she is still screaming... but not because the truck is loud, and boy can I hear her now!

Doesnt seem like much has changed...:cookoo: (with her anyway)

Maybe I should take the muffler off! :mrgreen:

PorscheTech911

I take back all the crud I was giving you yesterday Varyag, that looks super clean and purposeful. That is a great addition. I think it would be cool to see a video where we can hear the difference in sound. Great looking trucks! ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks