• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1008

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post pics, the link will go dead.

GM-M1008

yup its getting towed home if if i new it ran because i am not taking any chances until i get it home and go over it. Yup can ya tell i like chevys.

quick question on the euc the event number do i put the the event id or the lot number in that spot?

GM-M1008

i didn't see no rust on it but there is always something you miss. i think is gonna get a solid green paint job anyway so if there is rust i missed it will be fixed

turbonotch

lol... i was eyeballing that exact same truck. i drive by the Bordentown yard *everyday* on the way to work and catch a peak over the fence from route 130.

IMO around here - a complete truck with no rust and a shelter cover make it worth some elbow grease even if there are some repairs needed.

let us know how your experience is with the Bordentown GL - i'm looking to start bidding on items at Bordentown and Ft. Dix.

stocksj

Nice truck, I'm thinking about gettng something like that since I need a truck and perfer a diesel truck but all the Dodge Ram 2500 cummins are a bit pricey. A CUCV should run ok but I'd heard no great reviews back when I was in. I guess like everything else, it's maintenance and care. Plus it's a Chevy.

Jim:grd:

Dodges and Fords all have problems to

Nice truck, I'm thinking about gettng something like that since I need a truck and perfer a diesel truck but all the Dodge Ram 2500 cummins are a bit pricey. A CUCV should run ok but I'd heard no great reviews back when I was in. I guess like everything else, it's maintenance and care. Plus it's a Chevy.

Your right take care of it and it will last i bet the cucv resale valueis more than a dodge lol

turbonotch

I can relate... a mid-90's extended cab 2500 12v cummins/5speed fit my needs best - but around here on the used market? $15k for a truck with 100k miles? $10k for a clean specimen with almost 200k miles? i don't think so.

CUCV's have a sturdy drivetrain that will get the job done given proper care and respect. You just need to expect it to be slower and hotter in the summer. Of course - a M1008 on 37" hummer wheels will get more attention than any cummins in recent memory. :cool:

"affordability is a quality overcoming many faults"

turbonotch

that's where it's at :beer:

been wanting to do the same for a while... i have a lifted dodge on 36's but don't drive it all that often because 9mpg from the gasser 360ci stings.

there is a guy that runs around here with a CLEAN M1008 with 4" suspension and 37's on blacked out aluminum rims. i prefer the military hummer rims myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks