• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1008

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post pics, the link will go dead.

GM-M1008

yup its getting towed home if if i new it ran because i am not taking any chances until i get it home and go over it. Yup can ya tell i like chevys.

quick question on the euc the event number do i put the the event id or the lot number in that spot?

GM-M1008

i didn't see no rust on it but there is always something you miss. i think is gonna get a solid green paint job anyway so if there is rust i missed it will be fixed

turbonotch

lol... i was eyeballing that exact same truck. i drive by the Bordentown yard *everyday* on the way to work and catch a peak over the fence from route 130.

IMO around here - a complete truck with no rust and a shelter cover make it worth some elbow grease even if there are some repairs needed.

let us know how your experience is with the Bordentown GL - i'm looking to start bidding on items at Bordentown and Ft. Dix.

stocksj

Nice truck, I'm thinking about gettng something like that since I need a truck and perfer a diesel truck but all the Dodge Ram 2500 cummins are a bit pricey. A CUCV should run ok but I'd heard no great reviews back when I was in. I guess like everything else, it's maintenance and care. Plus it's a Chevy.

Jim:grd:

Dodges and Fords all have problems to

Nice truck, I'm thinking about gettng something like that since I need a truck and perfer a diesel truck but all the Dodge Ram 2500 cummins are a bit pricey. A CUCV should run ok but I'd heard no great reviews back when I was in. I guess like everything else, it's maintenance and care. Plus it's a Chevy.

Your right take care of it and it will last i bet the cucv resale valueis more than a dodge lol

turbonotch

I can relate... a mid-90's extended cab 2500 12v cummins/5speed fit my needs best - but around here on the used market? $15k for a truck with 100k miles? $10k for a clean specimen with almost 200k miles? i don't think so.

CUCV's have a sturdy drivetrain that will get the job done given proper care and respect. You just need to expect it to be slower and hotter in the summer. Of course - a M1008 on 37" hummer wheels will get more attention than any cummins in recent memory. :cool:

"affordability is a quality overcoming many faults"

turbonotch

that's where it's at :beer:

been wanting to do the same for a while... i have a lifted dodge on 36's but don't drive it all that often because 9mpg from the gasser 360ci stings.

there is a guy that runs around here with a CLEAN M1008 with 4" suspension and 37's on blacked out aluminum rims. i prefer the military hummer rims myself.