• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M35A2: Number 1

Rolling_Eudaimonia

A3's are driven by sissy's don't you know that? I mean after all it has an automatic tranny and CTIS oh and more power too boot... Actually I don't dig the automatic tranny so much but the CAT engine makes about 180hp as compared to my 130 and the CTIS is cool to plus it has super single 14:00R 20's so what is not to like about that once you reconvert back to a manual gearbox like a Fuller Six Speed.

joec

Look at my avatar not a A3. 68 M35A2 WITH super singles. I still like pie...Where's Dan.??????

WE NEED SOME PIE FOR HIM...!

Rolling_Eudaimonia

but are they 14:00-20's or are they 395/85R 20's? I noticed that was your truck on super singles, I was just telling you why people think the A3 is less of a truck. Personally I just don't like the Allison transmission in it other then that I would buy a A3 it has everything I want but a 6spd manual gearbox.

joec

but are they 14:00-20's or are they 395/85R 20's? I noticed that was your truck on super singles, I was just telling you why people think the A3 is less of a truck. Personally I just don't like the Allison transmission in it other then that I would buy a A3 it has everything I want but a 6spd manual gearbox.

They are neither they are 15.5/80x20's

Not all people don't like the A3's . They have there pro's and con's At least the clutch doesn't get wet when your fording through water . Unless you have a fording kit. Which I do...PIE!

Last edited:

joec

Did you have to raise your bed or did you increase the travel of your suspension to allow for full movement of the 15.5's???

Nope all stock truck works fine been through mud and hills and everthing in general. OD IRON WHEELS. Perfect as far as back spacing. Haven't stuck it yet. The stock 71 9.00x20's can't follow it with out getting stuck. And it's not the driver. My friend and myself have a little experience wheelin.

joec

they are 46.6 inches tall and 15.5 wide. 14.00 are around the same size. The ones i have measured were. Truck wheels pretty good for open rears. I am going to upgrade the axle's and put hub's on. Lockers a little later. Not air lockers mechanical..!

Somemedic

Im guessing had the professor rolled in here and had been the top banana of a larger motor pool repair depot some of you guys wouldnt know it and still bust his chops. That private/colonel/general designation by your name is a load anyway. I could post nothing but crap in the conversations forum for months and never even own an MV. I didnt notice a condescending tone in the first batch of his posts but our members sure got frosty. FTR, My deuce gets 45mpg and shoots buttermilk out the stack, so damn what? Wouldnt hurt a few of you to let him spout his MPG... what if, in fact, he did get that mileage? Id like to know how I could get my truck to do it too. A little nice and shut-up-and-listen might go aways to bettering up your own ride.

Anyway, the angle of the dangle is congruent to the heat of the meat.

70deuce

Is that an ash tray by the glove compartment in the interior pic?? That would would be one of the rarest "options" on a military truck I've ever seen. My deuce gets close to 12 MPG with cargo cover on.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Im guessing had the professor rolled in here and had been the top banana of a larger motor pool repair depot some of you guys wouldnt know it and still bust his chops. That private/colonel/general designation by your name is a load anyway. I could post nothing but crap in the conversations forum for months and never even own an MV. I didnt notice a condescending tone in the first batch of his posts but our members sure got frosty. FTR, My deuce gets 45mpg and shoots buttermilk out the stack, so damn what? Wouldnt hurt a few of you to let him spout his MPG... what if, in fact, he did get that mileage? Id like to know how I could get my truck to do it too. A little nice and shut-up-and-listen might go aways to bettering up your own ride.

Anyway, the angle of the dangle is congruent to the heat of the meat.
Actually the truck gets about 11.9 to 12.1 depending the road, steeper grades reduce fuel consumption plus running at a constant 2100-2200rpm doesn't hurt. I never max it out and always drive very steadily. If I go from Louisville to Elizabethtwon I-65 it is 55 miles from my door to my brother's house. Now round trip is 110. I use about 9 gallons of fuel from dotted line to dotted line during this trip. Which is about 11.9 miles per gallon. Now if drive around Elizabeth town the truck for 5 or 10 miles with my nephew and brother it gets goes down to an average of 10 miles per gallon for 120 miles.

So I think the first time the truck was slightly overfilled hence the wrong calculation.