• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M915

panzerwillie

Just got delivery of this truck yesterday lots to learn , first learn about it and would like to find wiring schematic and a good troubleshooting manual and will be painting back to green and just started the build for a Allison 4500RDS swap with wet kit more to follow any help with manuals will be great..
willie20230615_183933.jpg

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just got delivery of this truck yesterday lots to learn , first learn about it and would like to find wiring schematic and a good troubleshooting manual and will be painting back to green and just started the build for a Allison 4500RDS swap with wet kit more to follow any help with manuals will be great..
willieView attachment 899849
Welcome to the Outfit!

The books - Technical Manuals are here for (free) download.

There are others in "Present Conflict Vehicles TMs" if you poke around in that section.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the club!
Miss my m915a1, she was awesome and I really liked the look. I have a m915a4 now.

Good luck with her! The headlight switch is usually an issue the stock one was barely able to handle the load. Highly recommend putting in a heavy duty one or adding relays. Mine would leave me on the road in the dark when I first got her.

panzerwillie

20230618_102827.jpg
Did some cleaning yesterday's lots to learn , got all gauges working and also figuere out why the fan clutch was always engaged , even do I fixed it does anyone have the wiring schematics,would be nice to have the wiring schematics for the gauges and wiring behind the dash for future the future..
Thx...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 900065
Did some cleaning yesterday's lots to learn , got all gauges working and also figuere out why the fan clutch was always engaged , even do I fixed it does anyone have the wiring schematics,would be nice to have the wiring schematics for the gauges and wiring behind the dash for future the future..
Thx...

panzerwillie

Ok thank you will look over to check the Jake's which do not work also got figuere out the fan switch as it was busted and they screw all the wire together with sheet metal screw , so far thats the only butcher Job fire department did so I think..

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the club!
Miss my m915a1, she was awesome and I really liked the look. I have a m915a4 now.

Good luck with her! The headlight switch is usually an issue the stock one was barely able to handle the load. Highly recommend putting in a heavy duty one or adding relays. Mine would leave me on the road in the dark when I first got her.

Pretty sure that was just you, not the truck. Nothing could be wrong with a good running 915A1.

panzerwillie

Thank you , who makes a heavy duty one maybe easier that doing relays but I am able to do either, also what was the fan switch temp to activate the fan clutch the local store has a 185* and a 190* NC switches...

panzerwillie

That's a idea as I need to replace the bulbs, does the LED from the Hummers work are they like the markers where they have 12-36volts range or is there a brand you recommend.
Thx willie

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That's a idea as I need to replace the bulbs, does the LED from the Hummers work are they like the markers where they have 12-36volts range or is there a brand you recommend.
Thx willie
Any 7inch 12v light will work. Some amazon ones are cheap but work well. The replacement switch will still overheat even with LEDs on everything. I run thr trucklites with heaters since i can get them from any truck parts place

Last edited:

panzerwillie

I am fully aware that any 7" will work and the switch needs help , just wanted to know about the HMV leds , will incorporate relays on the system to take the load of the weak switch thx for the imfo.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am fully aware that any 7" will work and the switch needs help , just wanted to know about the HMV leds , will incorporate relays on the system to take the load of the weak switch thx for the imfo.
There is no specific HMMWV LED Headlight. There are several makers and types used by the military so you will have to be specific on which one of the 6 or 7 different types there are you want to use. Most are omnivolt but there are some that are not

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks