• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M915

panzerwillie

Got some time free over the weekend and check out AC and was able get it to cool , was surprised the low side did not want more than 20lb of pressure anything higher would make the high side to kick to over 300lb and make compressor turn off not sure is correct but is ice cold and the weather here is been brutal for the last 2 weeks with record heat everyday, took it out for a 30 minute ride and nice and cold also did some traction paint in some spots may do some more before I paint it back to 383 paint for now everything is working good...

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much as I would like to take the grill off mine so I could replace the expanded metal where someone cut it to get to the cooler I doubt I could stand drilling out that many rivets.

But good job.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is not a pic of mine but it shows the same number of rivets. Are you saying the grill can be removed without removing them? That I could do to replace the metal.

1702903600363.png

panzerwillie

Yes look at the grill carefully is bolted to a skeleton frame thats bolted to radiator support , the only thing is the hood center rod bolts to tha skeleton as well, you will need to suspend the hood while you doing the repairs. Once you do that you can remove the grill attached to the skeleton frame i almost did that but i wanted to paint the hood on truck. I study it for a while to make sure it could be done and it seem possible..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks