• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M936A2 project (update)

Cdub

Progress........Progress............???

What no up-dates in over a week..........!!

We need pic......PLEASE.....

Hahaha

Cheers,

C'dub

Cdub

I was just thinking about the trans cable clamp and did a little search in the -24P and it looks like it's a one of a kind for the M939 series going by the NSN number search. Not similar to the other U bolts.

Well here's the skinny on the clamp just incase you need to call around.

The pic of the NSN's come out like crap.....Here's the number

NSN 5306012851703

Cheers,

C'dub

Attachments

Last edited:

halftrack

Sorry about the delay Craig.

I came to the same conclusion so I ended up using at little bigger u-bolt which works fine, just only on a slight angle.

This past weekend I did some more wire clean up (looks factory now) along with replacing some tranny mounting bolts and flushing out the cooling system. It sat empty for a year or so.

This weekend coming up I plan on get the truck to run off it's own fuel tanks rather than a five gallon can. Hope to have it driving in 2 or so more weeks.

By the way, your truck looked awesome in the middle of the city. wish I could be there. The cops don't give any hassle about the dummy guns, being a anti-gun place and all.

Pitures to follow.

Cdub

Hey Jason,

No problem........some ones gota keep you on your toes....!!!!.....Hehehehe......

I'm glad the trany cable clamp worked out well with out any major mods and your on to other parts of the truck now.

Driving in the NYC is kinda cool. I would use the five ton to block a four lane road to allow the convoy in and out of the city to pass through the intersections......Hahaha....with the cops waving me on the hold time.....Hehehe...

btw......this thread was getting a little to old for my comfort level.....I just wanted to make sure you didn't drop the ball on your baby.

Cheers,

C'dub

halftrack

Here is a pic. of the u-bolt I ended up with. Not correct but it serves its purpose. Here is some re-wiring I had to do. I wish the zip-ties were black tough. It was a little challenging due to the fact that the number tags on some of the wires were missing. Also a pic. of the new fan clutch actuator. I didn't even know there was such a thing. BTW, the fan clutch actuator is the same for all the 900's, it's just located in a different spot.

Also, always make sure the transmission oil cooler is plugged before running the motor otherwise you will have a fountain of red oil all over.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason - great job on the wrecker. Keep us posted with more pics and updates as you make more progress. You are going to love that truck!

Bruce

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
and more.

Chris, you need to just come and hook on this trailer and take the can with the motor in it.
Sweet! Road trip!! Maybe I could fly in one-way, rent a u-haul truck, slap on a pintle hitch, and drag that baby back to VA!

Seriously though, where did you find the fan-clutch actuator? Mine is missing.... shocker :roll:

halftrack

Seriously though, where did you find the fan-clutch actuator? Mine is missing.... shocker :roll:
Winslow. He had a couple of brand new ones laying around. Not cheap, I think I paid $75 for it. However, a trucker told me it is a common part for big trucks and could be found locally. He had one so I bought it.

Green_gator

Jason,
I have a couple of bags of gov issue zip ties that are black. NSN 5975-00-899-4606. seems to be about 50 in a bag. Let me know if you want them and I will drop in the mail. Keeping a couple of bags for my shop van but can spare one or two.

halftrack

Appreciate the offer, but I am not losing sleep over it. Thanks though. Its what I had in the garage so I used them. The next owner can switch it out to black if he wants.

jasonjc

Depending on how much sun the truck see's. You may want to change to the black ones. The black one are UV stable,the white one aren't and will fall apart fast in the sun.
The truck is looking great. Some day I hope to have a wrecker:cry:

halftrack

Depending on how much sun the truck see's. You may want to change to the black ones. The black one are UV stable,the white one aren't and will fall apart fast in the sun.
The truck is looking great. Some day I hope to have a wrecker:cry:
Are you sure your not an engineer also? The truck will be living outside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks