• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new to me 002A's

dangier

OK guys, need a little advice here. Installing a checked out ip that storeman did for me (thanks storeman). In completing the spill tests, I keep coming up with the timing being 1 1/2 lines under the pc mark. Currently have a #12 button installed. I do have a #1 button available. Question is-with the flow stopping under the pc mark as viewed in the window, do I need to increase (like #13), or decrease (like #1), the button. It does run as is, but sounds different.
Thanks
David

Jimc

Off hand i dont know which way you need to go but you do need to move 3 button sizes. Each step in size mives 1/2 mark

dangier

Ok, I think I have it now. Mep 002A has a #1 button installed. On a spill test, the flow stops 1 1/2 marks under the pc mark. Reading the TM, this means three button sizes too small. I need to up-size to a 14 or P button.

Anyone have a 14 or P button they wish to part with?

This seems to me that this machine was not timed right from the get-go or has been messed with. The ip and button came with this machine. Not surprising.

storeman

David,
I wondered when you said #12. I thought #1 was with it and went back to you. But, now that you have flow timed, you know where to go next. Sorry, I have no 14 or P buttons.
Jerry

dangier

Jerry,
The #14 button was on the pump I had switched to get the second unit running. That was also 1 1/2 marks under pc when I checked it yesterday. Unit ran and carried a load very well.
Is Ambac the best/only source for buttons?
Thanks,
David

Isaac-1

There also is / was a seller on ebay that offered them at a discount below what Ambac sells to the public, as I recall it is a fairly misleading ad with a picture of pump, but selling just the button

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ok, I think I have it now. Mep 002A has a #1 button installed. On a spill test, the flow stops 1 1/2 marks under the pc mark. Reading the TM, this means three button sizes too small. I need to up-size to a 14 or P button.

Anyone have a 14 or P button they wish to part with?

This seems to me that this machine was not timed right from the get-go or has been messed with. The ip and button came with this machine. Not surprising.
Is this the 1.09 pump that had the #1 button?