• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Resto Mod deuce build

M-1028

Use either copper or stainless steel braid ptfe lined air hose for the first 3 feet or so directly out of the compressor. The heat from the air will eventually destroy hydraulic hose.
Gotcha, makes sense. The hose is rated for air pressure, it has steel woven into it. Hope it lasts.

welldigger

Its not the pressure that hurts it. The heat degrades the lining. Run it till it starts cracking. At least get your money's worth out of it.

WRMorrison

I have a little Viair compressor mounted under the hood on my Jeep, and I had to use a braided stainless steel line because I burst the brand new hose I made up within a couple hours of using it. If it will burst on a small compressor in a little Jeep, there's no way I'd use it in an application like this. Hopefully you won't have any problems, but I'd start shopping around for a braided stainless hose as soon as possible.

-WRM

M-1028

I'll keep an eye on it, I've used it in the past on steering systems that see around 250 degrees. It was free, so I'm not out anything. Thanks guys

M-1028

I'll get some better overall pics of the bed and the rear fairlead for the winch. I also got some led headlights and aux. lights all mounted up
center console with ammo can, cup holders and a spot for toggles
center console2.jpg

JHS

M-1028, this build is GOLD. Very nice work and very practical mods. Subscribed :D

jake1086

I have a very similar winch for the rear of my deuce, and I was planning on making a chain drive for it and mounting it right behind the cab, does 1st gear offer enough power to pull you out of a stick situation? I was planning on a double roller chain with whatever size sprockets I end up needing.

M-1028

I have a very similar winch for the rear of my deuce, and I was planning on making a chain drive for it and mounting it right behind the cab, does 1st gear offer enough power to pull you out of a stick situation? I was planning on a double roller chain with whatever size sprockets I end up needing.
I had to delete the chain drive off of mine and it's still geared very low, engine was at idle trying to pull a a stuck 20,000 lbs tractor, rpm's never changed.

M-1028

What / how did you mount the custom steering wheel? I have to do something for more space for a plus sized operator as I am no longer 20 and skinny. Mark
I built the column, it's just a piece of 1 3/4" tubing with the common 3/4" steering shaft material as the actual steering shaft, bushings where used to keep the shaft centered and spinning smooth.

Thanks for the compliments, it's been a long build for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks