• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My truck is on gl.

DUECE-COUPE

I was just looking around GL and came across a 5 ton that looked VERY familiar,. After watching the video that came with the add, I realized it was MY truck from my days as a Supply NCO in the Florida National Guard. Well, I always said if it came up for sale on GL, I was gona buy it. well as it is I am not presently prepared to purchase my truck, but I can tell anyone that gets it that it is a great truck, and never let m down, not once. PM me and i will tell you the event and lot # so you can check out one great truck. If anyone here in Steel Soldiers gets this truck, please let me know, it took me to far away places and gave me a dry place to sleep in the rain, and a shady place to sit in the sun. It was designated A-4 and was assigned to A Btry, 1-265th ADA FLARNG. I hope someone gets it and Post pics of her restoration.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

My friend, I sure hope you try and secure that truck. Sounds like you'll have many years of regret if you don't move on it when you can. Best of luck:driver:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a heck of a thing to see her up there on the block and not able to see your way clear to get her for yourself.

Hope you figure something out! Too far away for me to do much about. I hate that! :mad:

chevyCUCV

I wish you lived closer.. i would split the truck with you until you had the funds.
I have long thought we should have a fund, this is a perfect scenario

Im in for 20

DUECE-COUPE

The bid is up to $6900, and that is way above any $ I have to bid on it. It would be great to have it back, but I know she will do a great job for whom ever wins her. Thank you all for your generosity, YOU ARE TRULY GREAT AMERICANS!!!!

gunboy1656

Sadly my old truck will not come up for auction (HMMWV), but our supply deuces have and my old gen set was sold on GL. One deuce went to MI, don't know where the other went off to, same with the 5K gen.

My truck ran fine for many miles. When I was overseas someone else drove it and blew the motor 2x.

DUECE-COUPE

She is an M927A2. I got a high bow kit for it when we were deployed for OIF, it has a rack on the passenger side I created and installed to store the camo nets and the pole sets. I pulled a water trailer with it, and as you know, the water trailer has no spare, and is supposed to be pulled by a deuce, thus using the deuce spare if needed. I installed a spare tire rack from a deuce after the trailer blew a tire, and I had to leave it on the side of the road to hunt down a spare to get back to home station. This truck was the life's blood of the unit, and all the soldiers knew that if they needed something, SSG Gagnon probably had it on his truck or knew someone that could help get it for them. Being a Supply NCO was the most rewarding time in my career.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet looking truck. Hope you are able to put together a recovery plan.

I'm in for an Uncle Ben.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks