• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New! 2009 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
WOW,
ok after only a couple pages in Ive definitly decided I'll be at this next one, going to take me a couple days to wade through all the pics and vides with my slow internet connection..

the trails didnt look too rough, so my m1009 should be fine

I'm also a HAM, so will bring 2m/440 rig, plus 10M rig and a CB in truck.

I also have a base station 2m rig and a power supply ( 12v or 110 power)
that I can leave at the camp with a pole antenna, if need be, as well as a HT I carry.

I'll ask a bunch of questions before the event, but looks like fun.

Can anyone tell me whose m1009 that is with the full roll cage and no top?

I really want a roll cage liek that so I can feel better about taking my kids along in the back...
The trails are great-some are very easy, some are very challenging and you can choose what you want to attack.

Re: commo. We are going to try and do something with commo this year and soon I will be contacting folks to try and put something together. I will keep you and your capabilities/equipment in mind.

The caged 1009 is SS member "jw4x4", that's our friend Jerry. He has come all the way from Ohio for all 3 Ga. Rallies (2007, 2008, 2009).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have to attend Regulator, it's a great event and the venue can't be beat. Comms between the trailhead and the FOB would be wonderful. We need to convince everyone on the trail to bring FRS or GMRS radios so that the folks in the rear can stay up with the folks in the front. JW4x4s Oh-Nine has more to offer than meets the eye. He has updated the cage once already and I'm sure would be happy to share what he knows about it. Clinto, need to think about shirts this year. Perhaps a pre-order so you don't take a bath. I think Junkyard Wars Crusher did this and it worked out pretty good. I'd like to see some shirt options, especially in long sleeves. As usual I will be making the 775 mile trek to the event.

zout

Plan on attending this year - that is why I installed a cb in the truck because it looks like everyone is sticking me out in the woods by myself (ouitside the circle) at least I have some way to communicate. rofl

It was painful last year to not attend and watch those pics come in of the rallyaua

PB said he would pick me up in the golf kart as they planned on sticking me away so far.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you guys do know Haspin is better then the hillbilly hick GA rally right?
And a whole bunch hotter too. I'm stuck in a broiler 9 to 10 months out of the year, the last thing I want to do is go to a sauna rally. The 50 and 60 degree weather is a nice change from the 80s and 90s we have here in October. Besides, 1250 miles vs 775, in a deuce, is significant. Now with that said, how would you know, lugnut boy? The venue has changed since your only attendance!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
[B said:
It was painful last year to not attend and watch those pics come in of the rallyaua [/B]
PB said he would pick me up in the golf kart as they planned on sticking me away so far.

Sure will Zout....until the crown kicks in...then we will need a designated driver / babysitter....LOL.:beer:

This year starting OCT 1st I'm gonna keep MB locked in the house with pillows tied all over her so nothing can happen to keep my from coming!!:jumpin:

zout

PB - I wonder if Clinto and Dogheads powers reach to the rally - they might stick me in the MOTOR POOL from afar for fallin outta your kart :confused:

I'll bring my roller blades with turf tires on em so you can pull me arouind the ground - I keep a sippy cup (spillproof) in a cupholder strapped to my leg :jumpin::jumpin: that Crown is not stuff you want to be spilling - just evaporating outta the pores.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto, when is the 2010 Page going to be online here?
Soon.............. I am waiting for another member to make some progress on the actual website for the rally, I need to talk to Mike and Wreckerman about the menu and cover some ground about new trails to be explored with Mike from D-town, but otherwise all the specifics are set and ready.

I have added it to the SS Events Calendar, although I understand few people read it.

Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Calendar

I will get a thread up this month. The only reason I haven't put a thread up this early is that I am worried it would be 30 pages long by the time of the rally and no one would bother reading it.

phil2968

you guys do know Haspin is better then the hillbilly hick GA rally right?
Stay up north yankee, don't come to the Ga rally, you won't like the food! Even though wreckermans roadkill mystery meat stew can't be beat!:)

We had a blast in 09'. Will have a better time in 10'! I will be there with the famliy and my M109, my brother and his deuce and M105 trailer.

REGULATOR

CLinto, looks like Augusta isnt too far away, so let me know if you go to do a RECON of the site... ( after June I'm available, if my truck isnt done I can ride my off road motorcycle out!! )

I mentioned this event to my retired Army Ham buddy who lives in S GA

Him and I used to run all over Texas working amateur radio for special events, bike races in remote places and storm spotting.. I think he might come up with his trailer and set up BASE station for us, and watch my kids!! ( hidden agenda)

Id say once the ball gets rolling, start a seperate COMMO thread, and see what folks chime in that they have to bring ( HAM, CB, FRS etc..)

if anything it might remind them to bring something....

I'm pretty sure work wont prevent me from coming since its so close and on a weekend, so I'll go ahead and volunteer to help sort out commo, its sorta my thing...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB - I wonder if Clinto and Dogheads powers reach to the rally - they might stick me in the MOTOR POOL from afar for fallin outta your kart :confused: /quote]
Not to worry zout...that bouncy thingy only works on line!!!!!!!
If DH tries ta bounce/detain ya in the motor at the rally, the CAMO Crew will "DELETE" him....in a nice sorta way...lol.

Actually...the only rule I remember from the 2008 Rally was that Wreckerman was not allowed to run nekid thru the woods yelling "deuces for sale"!!!
(That rule had a 100% approval rating by all present);-)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Even though wreckermans roadkill mystery meat stew can't be beat
No roadkill was used in the production of any of our meals.....only farm raised, free range possums were used.

Actually...the only rule I remember from the 2008 Rally was that Wreckerman was not allowed to run nekid thru the woods yelling "deuces for sale"!!!
(That rule had a 100% approval rating by all present):wink:
The "No Papa Bear in red tutu" rule will be strickly enforced at this year's rally.rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That tutu was is not red wreckerman...it is chartruze and is of designer quality!

Of course I can understand the lack of knowledge from a person who collects road kill armored possums enroute to the rally and passes them off as the premium farm raised variety!!
I shudder to think were you got those 4 eyed fish!!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hehehe, just reserved Mallards Nest 1. This will be the third year we have had that cabin! Don't wait too long, you can always cancel it (7 days in advance).

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hehehe, just reserved Mallards Nest 1. This will be the third year we have had that cabin! Don't wait too long, you can always cancel it (7 days in advance).

It's good to know that I'll see you there again this year Kenny. I'm too cheap to rent a cabin, so I'll just reserve me a nice spot amid all of the horse-chit for my tent again this year.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman and I have pretty much figured out the menu will be very much like 09. Probably add a few things, especially since we will be there with the MKT from Wednesday through Sunday. I'm working on fixing up one of the shop vans as the pantry, and won some FSC stuff (Food Sanitary Center) so we can do a neater job of keeping the pots and pans washed. Green_Gator has also decided to join us, since he wants to see how to operate an MKT. We will use his expertise (and recipes) to make the food selection even better! And we expect to keep the costs the same too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks