• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New! 2009 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This morning I was working on the 2010 Ga. Rally info (lots of improvements are in store!) and I was trying to estimate attendance and in doing so, I came up with this graph I thought you guys would enjoy.

If we maintain our growth rate from 2006 to 2009, then 2010 should see over 50 vehicles, plus trailers! If we maintain the growth rate from 2008 to 2009 (s steep task!) we could see 53 or 54 vehicles.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Streetbike, the Jeep belongs to Squirttruck aka, Mark's, son. The deuce Belongs to Mr Strickland who is standing to the extreme left of the pic and I can't identify the folks operating the mechanical jackass.

keithc

I was there in attendance w/o vehicle in 09, but will be there in 2010 with my deuce. I live about an hour away and will be glad to help out with anything you need. I can also bring some firewood if needed.

Keith

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will definitely be there in 2010 and will be bringing my Deuce and possibly towing an M105A2 as well. Fantastic rally in 2009. I also can bring firewood if needed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Mike and I are planning to have the MKT (Meals on Wheels) set up again this year with many improvements in menu, seating (we may use the inflatable shelter as a mess hall) and KP conditions (hot water this year).
The free range possums are reproducing at a prodigeous rate....we should have plenty of fresh meat:-D.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike and I are planning to have the MKT (Meals on Wheels) set up again this year with many improvements in menu, seating (we may use the inflatable shelter as a mess hall) and KP conditions (hot water this year).

The free range possums are reproducing at a prodigeous rate....we should have plenty of fresh meat:-D.
Wreckerman...

Sounds like fine gourmet cuisine to me. :drool: If Texas-to-Georgia wasn't so much more of a road trip than I am presently prepared for, I would deploy in a heartbeat. 1000-1100 miles won't be a reality until the motorpool makes a major advance in mechanical restoration.

In the meantime... Keep us all posted on the preparations for your outstanding annual event.

HAPPY NEW YEAR :!: :!: :!:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Did I miss it? I never noticed any "meat on a stick". Maybe next year?

Nothing like meat on a stick! (even possum):wink:

btw, the squirrel spaghetti, was awesome! (how did you make those tiny little meatballs?)

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USAFSS, just show up. Drive a Kia or whatever. There will be plenty of trucks in attendance. Even without a truck you will experience good fellowship.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wreckerman,

As of this writing things are moving along nicely on my mobile power plant/lighting trailer project since I have just acquired a couple of sets of surplus floodlights. So even if we enjoy dining alfresco once again this year, we'll have better lighting around the dining area, MKT and KP areas...plus plenty for the compound if desired (definitely for the last night, when all of the after dark packing takes place).

So unless, God forbid, I can't make it we should have power and lights.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USAFSS, just show up. Drive a Kia or whatever. There will be plenty of trucks in attendance. Even without a truck you will experience good fellowship.
Thank you for the personalize invite.
A fly-in/rental car may be the way to go.
Being a "Detachment" of the SS here in west Texas, there aren't any "convenient opportunities" for rallying with fellow troops. I'll stay informed on schedule and location while seeing if it can become an action plan.

Are those 2010 Rally details published yet: Where:?: When:?: etc:?:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto said in chat that he was going to do a lot more advertising this year...fliers at other events, a website, and others things, but I don't think that will be till maybe March or May (I can't remember which). I don't know if any date is set in stone yet, but it has been the weekend before Halloween for the past few years, so I see no reason to think it will not be this year as well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think the move to Durhamtown Plantation was a boost aside from all the other stuff!
Durhamtown is an outstanding location. All rally attendees who like it should profusely thank BFR, who found it.

Clinto,
Let me know how we can assist in anticipateion of the 2010 rally.
I'd be careful with offers like that-because I have plans for you my friend! :razz:

For now, we are good to go. I have to build the website and design the flyers and get a list of all the rallies and shows coming up this year and see if I can pass out promotional materials for the rally. I am determined to get to 60 vehicles this year!

Wreckerman and Mike's MKT cooking is a huge part of getting our rally to the next stage. I hope everyone appreciates their effort and thanks them appropriately!

If Texas-to-Georgia wasn't so much more of a road trip than I am presently prepared for, I would deploy in a heartbeat. 1000-1100 miles won't be a reality until the motorpool makes a major advance in mechanical restoration.

A fly-in/rental car may be the way to go.

Are those 2010 Rally details published yet: Where:?: When:?: etc:?:
In 2007, Barrman, Kwai and Sermis came out to pick up a Deuce Gimpyrobb drove down from Ohio. Perhaps the 4 of you could get a big comfy SUV or something and come out? There are so many trucks at the rally, we could probably find one for you to drive on the trails and definitely get someone to let you ride along with them! We would love to have you guys come out (I didn't even get to meet the Texas crew, although I passed them as they were leaving).

We've had attendees from Michigan, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, South Carolina, North Carolina, New York, Tennessee, Virginia, Massachusetts, Wisconsin and all sorts of other places.

There are a lot of airports around here. There are members who can pick you up if you choose to do this. PM me with any questions.

The rally will probably always (from this point forward) be the weekend before Halloween. So the 2010 Ga. Rally will be Oct. 20-24 (Wednesday through Sunday).

Clinto said in chat that he was going to do a lot more advertising this year...fliers at other events, a website, and others things, but I don't think that will be till maybe March or May (I can't remember which). I don't know if any date is set in stone yet, but it has been the weekend before Halloween for the past few years, so I see no reason to think it will not be this year as well.
There won't be a thread for awhile, but the location is the same as last year and the dates are Oct. 20-24 (Wednesday through Sunday). The Ga. Rally will always be the weekend before Halloween.

I will add it to the SS calendar this weekend.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks