• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New! 2009 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

keithc

He was actually one of 5 piglets found in the woods. Mom was no where around-possibly trapped or killed. He is a great pet, but needs room to raom. I still love BBQ, but Gus is not on the menue. I have friends in South GA who find them on a regular basis.

pjpiche1

I love your "kids"! I grew up on a hog farm. Hogs make GREAT pets. They are very intelligent/trainable and loving! I have found one key to their heart is... OREO cookies!!! :-D They do not have sweat glands. So, they have to have either water or an air conditioner to keep cool.

As for the disk brakes on a deuce, I don't know what the advantage would be either. They use them on the rock crawlers to get superior braking power on a smaller diameter brake. Many of the rock crawlers are using 15 to 16.6 inch wheels. I can lock-up all 6 corners of my truck. I don't think I need any more brake than that. The disk brake conversion is a
COOL looking set up though!

By the way tits on a boar hog are important. But, that is another tread.:roll:

keithc

quote=pjpiche1;477303]I love your "kids"! I grew up on a hog farm. Hogs make GREAT pets. They are very intelligent/trainable and loving! I have found one key to their heart is... OREO cookies!!! :-D They do not have sweat glands. So, they have to have either water or an air conditioner to keep cool.

As for the disk brakes on a deuce, I don't know what the advantage would be either. They use them on the rock crawlers to get superior braking power on a smaller diameter brake. Many of the rock crawlers are using 15 to 16.6 inch wheels. I can lock-up all 6 corners of my truck. I don't think I need any more brake than that. The disk brake conversion is a
COOL looking set up though!

By the way tits on a boar hog are important. But, that is another tread.:roll:[/quote]

Gus gets lots of "treats", but I do not think I have ever given him an oreo. I will try that tomorrow. His pen is 100' x 100' and has all the amenities-house, covered patio, swimming pool, scratching post with motor oil, and of course a mud hole. I am careful about not walking him too far in the summer because of the heat.
I would not have spent the money on the brakes just to "be cool". I do not see any other advantage.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was this thread about..... oh yeah, the Ga rally pics an vids:wink:

salafrae

speaking of which- here is the link again to the pics and now videos from the rally.

i WAS going to take the time to edit everything down.. but im lazy.. and its all pretty good video anyway. thanks to scooter10922 for taking all the shots. :)

http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/salrallypics/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks