• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New! 2009 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

keithc

He was actually one of 5 piglets found in the woods. Mom was no where around-possibly trapped or killed. He is a great pet, but needs room to raom. I still love BBQ, but Gus is not on the menue. I have friends in South GA who find them on a regular basis.

pjpiche1

I love your "kids"! I grew up on a hog farm. Hogs make GREAT pets. They are very intelligent/trainable and loving! I have found one key to their heart is... OREO cookies!!! :-D They do not have sweat glands. So, they have to have either water or an air conditioner to keep cool.

As for the disk brakes on a deuce, I don't know what the advantage would be either. They use them on the rock crawlers to get superior braking power on a smaller diameter brake. Many of the rock crawlers are using 15 to 16.6 inch wheels. I can lock-up all 6 corners of my truck. I don't think I need any more brake than that. The disk brake conversion is a
COOL looking set up though!

By the way tits on a boar hog are important. But, that is another tread.:roll:

keithc

quote=pjpiche1;477303]I love your "kids"! I grew up on a hog farm. Hogs make GREAT pets. They are very intelligent/trainable and loving! I have found one key to their heart is... OREO cookies!!! :-D They do not have sweat glands. So, they have to have either water or an air conditioner to keep cool.

As for the disk brakes on a deuce, I don't know what the advantage would be either. They use them on the rock crawlers to get superior braking power on a smaller diameter brake. Many of the rock crawlers are using 15 to 16.6 inch wheels. I can lock-up all 6 corners of my truck. I don't think I need any more brake than that. The disk brake conversion is a
COOL looking set up though!

By the way tits on a boar hog are important. But, that is another tread.:roll:[/quote]

Gus gets lots of "treats", but I do not think I have ever given him an oreo. I will try that tomorrow. His pen is 100' x 100' and has all the amenities-house, covered patio, swimming pool, scratching post with motor oil, and of course a mud hole. I am careful about not walking him too far in the summer because of the heat.
I would not have spent the money on the brakes just to "be cool". I do not see any other advantage.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was this thread about..... oh yeah, the Ga rally pics an vids:wink:

salafrae

speaking of which- here is the link again to the pics and now videos from the rally.

i WAS going to take the time to edit everything down.. but im lazy.. and its all pretty good video anyway. thanks to scooter10922 for taking all the shots. :)

http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/salrallypics/