• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New! 2009 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am retired I could pick up you up in atlanta and or find out if anythings goes in to Athens Ga that is just down the road from the Rally site I know some one could pick up you up and if you could come in on tue you could right down with me in one of my Trucks will have place for you to camp or you could get one of the cabins there. I do belive you would have a good time.
AEC Retired Tony
2 M35A1
3 M35A2
1 M109A2
1 M816
1 M1031
1 M1008
2 M1009
5 M105A2
1 M516
And other green thinghs

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clinto,
If you need any flyers, pamphlets, etc. printed in color, let me know. I can get them printed for free. Let me know if there is anything else I can do. I live in Hiawassee, but I work in Duluth when I'm not travelling, not too far from you. - Gary

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When and where is the next rally?

Derek Taylor
So....when is the date for next year ???!! I want to mark it on my calendar.:-D
Oct. 20-24, 2010. Already on the SS calendar and I should have a website and a thread up in the next 30-60 days. :D

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=22&day=2010-10-21&c=1

Same basic premise as last year, other than the dates. Same weekend as last
year, the weekend before Halloween.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to go, I usually go but I can't for the life of me get these GA guys to come to the FL Rally (Mudfest). Just the same, I think I'll go!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,
I don't know what's wrong with the GA guys, you had a SC guy there this year in FL! And I traveled about the whole state of GA to get there and back (I-20 and I-75 going, I-95 coming back).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's right!!!!!! Mike made the hike from hills afar and even traveled the breadth of the peach state in 2 directions. C'mon GA members, represent next year. We need to get Poppop back down here!

Green_gator

Clinto,
I will bring along my CP tent if wanted. We used it this year at the Florida rally with just the roof to give us some cover in the prep area. Have the week of the rally on my vacation calendar and looking forward to the trip up North.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd like to go, I usually go but I can't for the life of me get these GA guys to come to the FL Rally (Mudfest). Just the same, I think I'll go!
I can't read your dry humor over the internets! So don't tell us you aren't coming!

I do genuinely feel bad about the Ga. contingent not supporting the Florida rally, as the Florida guys all showed up en masse at the 2007 Ga. Rally. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, times are very tight right now and getting time off from work is near impossible in addition to my financial situation. I have missed all the shows I wanted to go to in the last 2 years-Aberdeen, Mobile, Lamar's Dixie Division MVPA thing in Alabama, Uwharrie, etc. It's been a tough couple of years for me. Honestly, if the Ga Rally was much further away, I'd have to run it from home!

Clinto,
I will bring along my CP tent if wanted. We used it this year at the Florida rally with just the roof to give us some cover in the prep area. Have the week of the rally on my vacation calendar and looking forward to the trip up North.

Please do, GG. We were very fortunate this past year(s) with great weather but we really thought we were going to get rained out and if so, we'll need a place to stay dry at camp. If we can get 2-3 big tents, that should be enough for everyone to eat together and stay dry.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

C

phil2968

Gosh Kenney...stop being rude to fellers....we have feeling to...LOL:beer:
This from the man that didn't make to the 09 Ga rally!

Hope you make it this year PB. Looking forward to meeting you!
I hope the guys from Florida can get a convoy together, I was nervous last year in my first long drive in the M109. I had a single truck convoy, not much fun. This year I will have my brother and his M35 for company and anyone else we can gather up.

Really looking forward to the 2010 Ga Rally!

poppop

I would have loved to make the Fl. Rally. We had a blast at the first one. But the Wife booked a cruise for the same time,
so what does a guy do?????? Turns out the cruise was the weekend before, but no tickets for the Rally and I really did
not need to
leave the Farm so much in a row. Kenney, you are a fixture at the Ga. Rally so you can't not come. Phil, lokking forward to seeing you again also. You might as well be a fixture too.:-D

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Papabear Chester is also looking faward to seeing you even though your crew took real good care of him and I will see ir I can find you a few more pound puppys for your shop .
AEC Retired Tony

REGULATOR

WOW,
ok after only a couple pages in Ive definitly decided I'll be at this next one, going to take me a couple days to wade through all the pics and vides with my slow internet connection..

the trails didnt look too rough, so my m1009 should be fine

I'm also a HAM, so will bring 2m/440 rig, plus 10M rig and a CB in truck.

I also have a base station 2m rig and a power supply ( 12v or 110 power)
that I can leave at the camp with a pole antenna, if need be, as well as a HT I carry.

I'll ask a bunch of questions before the event, but looks like fun.

Can anyone tell me whose m1009 that is with the full roll cage and no top?

I really want a roll cage liek that so I can feel better about taking my kids along in the back...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks