• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Data Plate Source

G-Force

I promised Greg I would post pictures of my dataplates but with work and all it just fell to the wayside. I'm now caught up (well not really) and here are pictures of the plates I ordered. They look GREAT!!!!
I still have to have them engraved at work and then drill the holes and install them. I ordeded 2 sets so if there is an Opps with the engraver at work I have another to play with.
The only thing I'm nervous of is drilling the holes only because my truck came without a VIN dataplate so I have to mark out the holes by hand. No biggie, I just have to find the time.
Oh yeah, my VIN plate is the last contract plate for the 85 to 89 trucks. Since mine is a 1989 I had Ken Kublo scan me a plate from a 1988 truck for reference. Thanks Ken......and thans again to Greg for his prompt service.

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonjc

Cool I need that plate for my '87. Does anyone know when they started to put TM 9-2320-361-?? on the data plate. Does anyone have a scan of the warranty plate from the late model trucks?

dataplatesnet

I'm glad they are working out! I'm searching around to see if I can find a hole punch that will allow me to set the location of the punch. I have a few more sets of these going out the next couple of days. You guys have been great. Sorry if I've been a slower than what I like, I'm trying to work these in around alot of other stuff.

Greg

tcody

I'm glad they are working out! I'm searching around to see if I can find a hole punch that will allow me to set the location of the punch. I have a few more sets of these going out the next couple of days. You guys have been great. Sorry if I've been a slower than what I like, I'm trying to work these in around alot of other stuff.

Greg
Greg,
I am not sure about a punch - I would think it may distort the metal. Could you etch a center point where each hole is located? Then I would drill it with the appropriate size bit in a drill press. Really nice work though!
tcody

DeucesWild11

Greg, I just got the plate and it looks Awesome!!! Your customization of the standard plate to a Bobbed Deuce plate XM381 was great. He was also able to make it the way I wanted vs. the template that I gave him, He can alter the weights and such if needed. The size matched the holes that were in the truck and I never had the original plate so that was great! This is a work of art and fits in nicely with the original data plates on the truck. I decided to rivet it on and stamped it manually myself and it worked great on the material he used (aluminum I am guessing). I believe DMV in NY states the ID plate needs to be "not removable" that's why I used the rivets..

I'll try to get another pic of it stamped and installed.

What a great guy to deal with and a great price for such a customized piece.. Thanks again!!

Hope you bobbers out there can use this plate as well:D

Oh and I am glad it was not punched out. I laid the plate up to the holes on the dash and marked with a pencil on the plate. I marked a center point with a nail and then drilled it out on a drill press and it was perfect and easy enough to do..

Attachments

Last edited:

dataplatesnet

Thanks DecuesWild11 sorry that took so long, was pretty busy at the time. I can mark places
where holes should be, but experience tells me they won't lineup with where the holes need to
be. That is why I suggest people drill them themselves.

Greg

BillabongKong

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome work Greg!
Are you ready to move on to the 5 Tons? I have a M923A1 that came with the wrong idetification number on the data plate.
I will be your first customer (I'll round the corners I'll make the holes)
Thanks Frank

Mack Attack

Banned
i book marked the website dataplates.net, My nephew has a 1953 REO, vins all match but the data plate says studebaker south bend indana. He needs it to say REO Motors INC lancing michigan . . . Can you correct that ?

his title says REO the vins all match, He is concerned the data plate says Studebaker.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i book marked the website dataplates.net, My nephew has a 1953 REO, vins all match but the data plate says studebaker south bend indana. He needs it to say REO Motors INC lancing michigan . . . Can you correct that ?

his title says REO the vins all match, He is concerned the data plate says Studebaker.
If the plate says Studebaker, most likely his title is wrong.

Mack Attack

Banned
That very well may just be, The VIN on title matches the VIN on dash plate, and it matches the VIN on frame behind left front tire. So he would like the Manufacturer on the plate changed so as NOT have any trouble. WI dot goes by the paper work on paper its a REO. This ain't the first time where I have seen all the VIN's match up but the brand name's differ from data plate to title.Seems to be an MV thing.

peashooter

Cool I need that plate for my '87. Does anyone know when they started to put TM 9-2320-361-?? on the data plate. Does anyone have a scan of the warranty plate from the late model trucks?
I've got one. I just sent him a scan of my main data plate and warranty plate from my 88 Air Force, m109a3 w/w. So you should be able to get it soon if you still need one.

peashooter

M109A3 Data Plate now

Greg made me a couple new plates for my M109A3 w/w. I think these were the first 109's he has done, we did a few back and fourths to get them right. He made 2 of the main plates and 1 Airforce warranty plate for me. He also was kind enough to put my serial number in at no charge. Its not stamped or engraved to a depth but he asked if I wanted this and I said yes. I can always remove the durablack letters and stamp or engrave at a later date if I decide I have nothing better to do with my time.... which is doubtfull. I also had him make a new warranty plate for me too. He said he couldnt match the color exactly, but I didnt care and most folks have never seen them anyway to know the difference. Its not an exact copy of the original as far as the hash marks and font size go but it was $8 and he put far more than $8 of labor into it and I doubt he will be selling tons of the warranty plates. Thanks again to Greg @ Dataplates.net, and TORISCO for finding this gem of a company. I whole heartedly agree with what other folks have said about his FANTASTIC service.

Attachments

bbftx

Another thumbs up for Greg at dataplates.net He made a custom plate for me.
Great service, fast, at reasonable price.
B B

peashooter

Okay,
Finally had a couple nice days and was able to paint the interior of the cab and put the new data plates on (of course its snowing again and its May 1st). Anyway, the nice set of plates I got from Greg at dataplates.net came with a couple extra plates that my truck did not have.
After an hour of searching I still can not find where these plates are supposed to go. Can anyone post a picture or mention the TM that states where the "VEHICLE OPERATIONS CHECKLIST" and "CAUTION AFTER SHUT DOWN IN FREEZING TEMPERATURE..." are typically placed?
I realize I can put these anywhere I want and I may end up doing that, but Im just curious where they are supposed to go since I've never seen them on a truck before.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Never had a truck with the freezing one, but the turbo cool off period one is usually between the instrument panel and the glovebox.

The checklist I've always seen as a sticker as opposed to a plate and it's usually on the upper part of the drivers door, near the front.

busbart

Hello Guy's,

I already sent Greg a mail, i like to have a set of plates for my M-101A2 trailer, but with the scans from my plates he couldn't do anything, too bad.
I'll try to include these scans in this post, but I hope there is somebody out there who have the possibility to make a scan from these plates, (which are hopefully in a mutch better shape?)

It's really a pity that David kelone doesn't do anything anymore with his business, that would be so much easier!

On the other hand, this is a nice opportunity for Greg and his business:beer:Dataplates 2.jpgDataplates 3.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks