• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here and have a couple questions

Rapracing

What's it look like (picture?) I cleaned mine with B-12 Chemtool and compressed air. It looked almost new when I finished.

john
OOOPS! Are you talking about the strainer and not air filter? It looks to be in pretty good shape as well. I am not familiar with how it works but it could probably be cleaned.

Last edited:

johnray13

I ordered 2 oil so I have a spare. I plan to run it a little bit and then change it again.

4 Fuel so I have a spare set.

1 air. The one that is in it looks real good so I probably will just hold onto it for a spare.

I did not find a new strainer yet. I am not sure if I should replace it or not???
OOOPS! Are you talking about the strainer and not air filter? It looks to be in pretty good shape as well. I am not familiar with how it works but it could probably be cleaned.
Yea, I was talking about the first of the three fuel filters, which is the water separator/strainer. Mine cleaned up nice without much effort. I have read they are hard to find so a lot of guys go the NAPA/spin on type if they're MIA. If you have yours intact and not too corroded/rusty, I'd go with the B-12 and compressed air.

John

Rapracing

I'm having a hard time getting seals for the fuel filters. Tractor Supply never called back. Napa got me 6 in and I went to pick them up and they couldn't find them :cookoo:. The said they will reorder them for me but it will be at least another week. Walmart said they are on back order. I have waited two weeks on these. Any other/better place to get them.

Jimc

I know this doesnt help you but the spin on conversions are really the way to go. You should look into that for the future. Other than napa i dont really know. They are rubber so can you reuse the ones you have now?

edgephoto

This thread had some info on generic o-rings to use.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-no-longer-available&highlight=square+o-rings

I can't see the need for spin-on filters unless your originals are missing. Spin ons are expensive to replace and do nothing more than the originals. I guess some like to think they are less messy but I do not find the cartridge style filters an issue. Personal preference I guess.

I replaced the 2 cartridge filter elements and those came with new gaskets. I cleaned the strainer and re-used one of the original gaskets that was soft and pliable. Worst case scenario just buy and extra fuel filter and use the gasket from it. The gaskets are re-usable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks