• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Jersey April 26 and 27th, 2014 Military Vehicle Show and Swap Meet.

mydingo

Coming up for the day Saturday not sure if I will display or not, may only be a spectator.I do have a large shopping list.

Was all set to display and camp for the weekend untill I found out about the"no pet policy"

M114

I spent a Great Day at the Show.
Warm weather and was able to talk with many friends.
Already many vendors set up and good deals.
Not a drop of rain.

It will rain tonight but not Saturday.
Come on down.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any one have Scott's contact info? He is a MTA guy who drove the forklift and made sure everything ran smoothly at the show. What I am trying to get is the contact info for his buddy from Mass who had the M37 Contact truck. Thanks

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great weekend at Augusta. Thanks Scott and company (inc CAPT goldplated golf cart - who kept on trying to swap it for my truck - nice try!) for a well run show. Appologies for bugging out Sun am - 4 hr trip and work Mon etc...., and I thought convoying with those from the Gt White North was a prudent idea.

Speaking of which, I didn't mind a bit being Shang-hi'd by the Canadians for b'fast and dinner Sat night.

Maiden voyage for the '16A1 - having got a new windscreen and inspection on the Fri am!!! Ran fine though 115 psi in the rears was probably too much bobtailing. Nice to look down on semi's - odd feeling!

Not sure how many new S/S'ers I met, I gave up asking "are you on S/S?" following several 'lemon in the mouth' expresions, I didn't question further - best left alone I thought.

Anyway - great show - thanks guys.

NB. Emmado - I think Scott's S/S name is something like "former new mv guy" or so......

Last edited:

Vintage iron

Got back from the show late last night. Martin Cox, his son Kevin and I drove down together. The trip was about two hours shorter this year since we didn't get lost on Route 23 and we had Martin's modified M915. The more powerful Cummins 400 pulled up the hills and the Jacobs brakes help hold back the Scorpion tank. We made it to the show but the Alternator gave up when we arrived. I want to thank everyone from the club. everyone was amazingly kind and helpful. We could not have got the alternator problem fixed with out everyone's help. What a great bunch of guys! I wish I lived closer so I could be a active member of their club.

The show this year was even bigger and better then last year. The show is always well organized and fun. I got some great deals on parts and had lots of laughs. Looking forward to next year already. Oh I want to specially thank the members running the kitchen. Best breakfast sandwiches ever!

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great weekend at Augusta. Thanks Scott and company (inc CAPT goldplated golf cart - who kept on trying to swap it for my truck - nice try!) for a well run show. Appologies for bugging out Sun am - 4 hr trip and work Mon etc...., and I thought convoying with those from the Gt White North was a prudent idea.

Speaking of which, I didn't mind a bit being Shang-hi'd by the Canadians for b'fast and dinner Sat night.

Maiden voyage for the '16A1 - having got a new windscreen and inspection on the Fri am!!! Ran fine though 115 psi in the rears was probably too much bobtailing. Nice to look down on semi's - odd feeling!

Not sure how many new S/S'ers I met, I gave up asking "are you on S/S?" following several 'lemon in the mouth' expresions, I didn't question further - best left alone I thought.

Anyway - great show - thanks guys.

NB. Emmado - I think Scott's S/S name is something like "former new mv guy" or so......
Howard,

You gave up to quick with the asking everyone if their a S/S member. I was down Saturday listening and looking for a guy with a British accent. I guess It will be easier if I drive 3 miles up the road and stop in your place to finally meet.

Doug

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The NJ MTA guys did a great job. The venue was great, lots of vendors, plenty of display trucks, inside and outside but covered spaces for vendors... Trashcans everywhere, bathroom was clean and well stocked with papertowels. The food booth was top notch.. Good food at very reasonable prices, and the line moved FAST. The show staff were everywhere, asking vendors if they needed help with anything loading/unloading. Forklift was onhand to assist also! These guys can write the book on how to put on a great show. Other shows should take cues on how do a show right. Awesome job, guys!

max1008

the nj mta guys did a great job. The venue was great, lots of vendors, plenty of display trucks, inside and outside but covered spaces for vendors... Trashcans everywhere, bathroom was clean and well stocked with papertowels. The food booth was top notch.. Good food at very reasonable prices, and the line moved fast. The show staff were everywhere, asking vendors if they needed help with anything loading/unloading. Forklift was onhand to assist also! These guys can write the book on how to put on a great show. Other shows should take cues on how do a show right. Awesome job, guys!
perfect description!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howard,
You gave up to quick with the asking everyone if their a S/S member. I was down Saturday listening and looking for a guy with a British accent. I guess It will be easier if I drive 3 miles up the road and stop in your place to finally meet.
Doug
Ha ha... yes I guess so!

I think I saw you and your wife drive by when I was between 5 tons nattering, but lost track and forgot to look around for you later near the Chevys!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks