• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico members check in here!

Rodger

Summer vacation is only about a month away. I am hoping to do some camping in the M109 Monsterhome.
No definite plans yet, but I will need to take the dogs swimming. We will probably start near the San Gregorio Reservoir in Jemez.

Rodger
Placitas, NM

forest522

From many places really, most recently Orygun. It was quite a trip down here. Right during the heat wave in Northern California, Nevada and Arizona. The ole 1009 did great though...not fast but reliable. Good to meet you neighbor!

Rodger

Is there any interest in a lunch meeting in Placitas for the Central NM group?
Saturday or Sunday. Bringing vehicles encouraged, but not required.
I am thinking of the "Cafe". Interstate 25 exit 242 go East about a mile on North side.
If the weather is good, we can eat outside. (dogs allowed outside)

Rodger

NMSMITTY

Mark your calender for the 14th of December. The Elephant Butte Chamber of commerce is holding its annual luminaria walk on the beach to raise funds for the make a wish foundation. Last year the Southwest Steel Soldiers were the top money raisers and we got awards for our campsite and best decorated vehicle. We are going to step up the decorating and I'm going to bring a music light synchronizer as well this year. Would love to have a ton of trucks show up for display. It is a great time and a great cause. You can message me thru here or my regular e-mail smithdennisL@msn.com

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll try to be there for the luminaria walk again this year. I might even have an additional truck in my inventory by then. I know a new member on here that I am trying to convince to show up as well. Last year was a hoot.

Attachments

RangerBob

Is there any interest in a lunch meeting in Placitas for the Central NM group?
Saturday or Sunday. Bringing vehicles encouraged, but not required.
I am thinking of the "Cafe". Interstate 25 exit 242 go East about a mile on North side.
If the weather is good, we can eat outside. (dogs allowed outside)

Rodger
I seem to unexpectedly find myself in town this week and weekend, so I can be there. I'm on the other side of the river in the Enchanted Hills subdivision. No rolling stock here, but I can tell tales, both true and less than true. :whistle:

Just curious, anyone know who the guy is I see coming out of (I think the name is) pueblo metals on Broadway in Albuquerque, he drives an M35A3 towing a M105. Sometimes ive seen him towing a civy flatbed? Is he a member?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark your calender for the 14th of December. The Elephant Butte Chamber of commerce is holding its annual luminaria walk on the beach to raise funds for the make a wish foundation. Last year the Southwest Steel Soldiers were the top money raisers and we got awards for our campsite and best decorated vehicle. We are going to step up the decorating and I'm going to bring a music light synchronizer as well this year. Would love to have a ton of trucks show up for display. It is a great time and a great cause. You can message me thru here or my regular e-mail smithdennisL@msn.com
Bumping this up for anyone that hasn't seen it in the Upcoming Events page. It is just around the corner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks