• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New restoration project M100 "Tubby" 9.6.14

zout

IF I get it done in time for the Rally - it sure looks easy to make it yours ????? But I did not say that. Besides ya gotta explain why your trailer is German Panzer Tan (oops)

wilfreeman

Nice! Looks like it needs a MDJuan floor and rear panel to make it show quality.
That said the MDjuan floors are cheap, has anyone bought one and can vouch for quality, thickness etc?
I would like to know this too - time for me to replace or repair my floor. Quite a big difference between $500 + shipping for a known, correct reproduction (Midwest Military) and $160 shipped for an MD Juan. I try my best to use US made parts or NOS, but if these are close enough, I'll have to make an exception!

zout

Will - its always been a tough decision when I buy other parts - tools etc like you mentioned. As the economy changed I had to change with it to what I could afford while I help for other lazy chits sit around taking my $$$ and hard earned.
ITS NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT CAUSE ITS HAPPENING TO YOU JUST AS WELL - for me I am sick of it. I could use that money to buy AMERICAN tools - home items - on and on and on but I can't - so I would have to make the decision your faced with.

TUBBY - she got the drain installed - tube was a piece of old driveshaft I had - push top tub drain works awesome. had to set the height after Swiss freaked out I was leaving 4 inches of tube sticking up in the bed - NOW THAT WAS FUNNY.
He has poor timing cause when I popped him pics he tried calling me of how it looked - NO DUH - I'll keep ya updated Bro.

finished those little leaking holes in the bed as well - taped off in a simple manner where I needed the GERMAN POOOPO brown paint to seperate from the black. The black gets hand painted off when all the poopo is done shooting.
Ah - yeah almost forgot - the rear handles I made 90 Degree tabs for and had to rivet them on (do not hate me) because of the rear needed duraglass in it there was no way mig was going to stick to anything. BUT - I can lift the rear of the trailer off the ground because that is how solid they are now.
BLAH BLAH - here are your picsDSCN0692.jpgDSCN0693.jpgDSCN0694.jpgDSCN0695.jpgDSCN0696.jpgDSCN0697.jpgDSCN0698.jpgDSCN0699.jpgDSCN0700.jpg Hope your realize how much work NOW went into the M909 up for vote on the MV Poll of the month and vote for it (yes this is a solicitation hijacking Swiss's thread)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is toooo sweet!!!! Most awesome commander! We don't need to buy no stinking expensive restoration parts. Commander Z to the rescue!!!

jumping

zout

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^HEY ^^^^^^^^^^ didn;t that fella vote for someone else on the MV Poll of the month ????? Not that is funnier yet.
I will say this - I enjoy working on Counts stuff - as its always a challenge CAMO style to talk him into.

zout

I cannot stand the whining from my garage the owner is slacking in getting me parts - patiently waiting for delivery of a coupe KEY elements to get some paint on it.

Time constraints - work in the way and I understand & besides I have been playing with my aquaponics greenhouse in between to kill time. By this weekend TUBBY will looks anew for its owner.

Did I mention pics to come.

zout

I had a box given to me and it almost fit perfect - needed chopped down and the mount brackets narrower - got that done except for welding the bracket back on.

Got the rear rubber rope tie down on. Got the spot weld holes welded back in on the front from removal of that right side bracket.

Getting closer.DSCN0701.jpgDSCN0702.jpgDSCN0703.jpgDSCN0704.jpgDSCN0705.jpgDSCN0706.jpgDSCN0707.jpgDSCN0708.jpg

wilfreeman

I would like to know this too - time for me to replace or repair my floor. Quite a big difference between $500 + shipping for a known, correct reproduction (Midwest Military) and $160 shipped for an MD Juan. I try my best to use US made parts or NOS, but if these are close enough, I'll have to make an exception!
Excuse me for interrupting your thread AGAIN Zout, but I finally received an answer from MD Juan about their M100 floor panel replacements.

As you can see, the metal thickness is about 1.5mm(about 16g, so it IS thinner metal - original is 14g). Dimensions are the same as I measured on my tub. I guess the replacement would be fine as long as you aren't throwing heavy stuff in the tub to dent it up. This might be hard to do for Steel Soldiers guys, but might be ok for MVPA show. I guess that since I will USE mine, I would just have to be careful! Now, to decide whether to replace the whole floor or patch it!

Dear sir,

Here the answers to you questions:

1. Metal thickness of our trailer floor panels – 1.5mm
2. dimensions of our floor panel 96cm x 183 cm
3. flange to flange measurement of the floor panel 96cm x 183cm

They DO come with the 2 floor drains with retainers (no drain plugs, but they also sell those)

Apparently, I made a mistake when I measured the thickness of my flloor pan metal. I measured the thickness of the drain plug flange, thinking it was the same thickness as the floor pan. It measured about .075", or 14g. I started thinking about it this afternoon and measured a different area. it measured about .058", which IS 16g. So, the metal gauge they are using IS the correct thickness, and the dimensions are also correct on their replacement floor panels.

Last edited:

zout

I did get the front box mounted in place - trailer sanded down and shot in epoxy primer - will sand it off tomorrow night and then Fri or Sat get it into Matrix TUBBY tan.. Then shoot the underside in the undercoating that I have used on other stuff - then WA LA - magic is done

zout

Tubby is all in German (whatever the heck that color is)
Camera I took pics on did not take but I sent Swiss some an maybe he can post them up.

My sisters took Tubby to the tanners.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW Commander Zout sweeettttt! Okay Tubby was crying that he is not going to the GA Rally :( I guess he flooded the garage with all the crying.

Maybe next year when Tubbie grows up he can go to the Rally.

zout

Got this done last night but never brought a digital camera to the rat hole - I have the reflector housing to paint black and mount and undercoat the bottom of tubby (baby powder undercoating).20141015_165404 (640x360).jpg20141015_165413 (640x360).jpg20141015_165422 (640x360).jpg20141015_165440 (360x640).jpg20141015_165450 (640x360).jpg20141015_165505 (640x360).jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can I pickup this weekend so Nicholas can take the trailer Scout Camping next week :)

zout

WHAT day of the TWO day weekend are you thinking - I was planning on finishing Sat am seeing how I just got a brand new 6 pac of BUD from my sponsor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks