• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Young Member and have many questions

Baradium

Ft Sill, OK is one of them. Directive came straight from the base commander.

My GL rep there said that she had word of others. Maybe someone else can post base names.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?81371-No-Driving-Off-Base-New-Recovery-Rules
I haven't dealt with Gov Planet in places that don't, but GL I was able to ask and find out. The Gov Planet really helpful to me so far so I imagine if you inquired about the bases you were looking to purchase from they would find out for you.

MtnSnow

For Utah Hill AFB you must trailer or tow vehicles. If at the Utah NG Armory or at the Ogden DRMO storage lot you are allowed to drive off.

bigtard10

How much total cash?

I will be starting up work soon and need to know how much money I need to save up before I try to but a 5 ton on GP. Thanks!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all depends on how many buyers are bidding on the item. GP starting bid plus 10%, plus tags, tax and local fees. And recovery costs.

Please combine all your questions into one thread instead of starting a new one for each of you questions.

bigtard10

CUCV or Duramax in '77 blazer?

My current Blazer is a bit underpowered and I was thinking of putting a Duramax in it for more uumph. Or should I just buy a M1009? thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, unless your 77 has an inline 6, it likely has more power than the M1009. The 6.2 has about the same power as the 305 V-8. The duramax would be cool but costly with much fab work. The Duramax is a powerhouse but they have just about engineered them out of owner maintenance status.

Jozseph

My current Blazer is a bit underpowered and I was thinking of putting a Duramax in it for more uumph. Or should I just buy a M1009? thanks!
FWIW;

Duramax LBZ 2006 to Mid 07 - 360 hp @ 3,200 rpm, 650 ft-lbs @ 1,800 rpm

Duramax LMM Mid 2007 forward - 365 hp @ 3,200 rpm, 660 ft-lbs @ 1,800 rpm

6.2L - 143 hp @ 3,600 rpm / 257 lb·ft @ 2,000 rpm

6.2L - (US Army HMMWV model): 165 hp @ 3,600 rpm / 330 lb·ft @ 2,100 rpm

If I had extra money available I would install a Duramax LMM

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not familiar with a 77 blazer cucv.

MtnSnow

For around 3K to 3.5k you can have your 305 (5.0L) or 350 (5.7L) motor rebuilt and up the power & torque greatly with the addition of aftermarket Cam, headers and have the heads ported & polished. Keep it a gasser and save your money.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recommend buying a M1009. Engine swaps cost LOTS of money and LOTS of time, especially if you install a diesel into a truck with a gas engine. It's much easier and cheaper to buy a truck with the 6.2L already installed.