• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC 250 Block Heater Inst.(PICS)

hank2424

I installed the same heater and mine only gets warm and not hot, seems like it now leaks a bit from thermostat housing. Could it be touching the block maybe?

2mtrucks

I had the same problem. Tighten the nut on the receptacle and it should stop the leak (I believe there is a gasket on the backside that won't seal unless that nut is tight).
You are correct...the next one I install I will be sure to tighten the element BEFORE I install the plate.

acme66

I put a tank type 'percolator' heater on mine. I know it isn't as nice slick or efficient as an in block heater but I did have it on the shelf. The thing was designed for big ag tractors and is stupid large. I think it pulls 12+ amps, it is retarded big. 2 hours chugging away and the bock is hot to the touch, like 150 or better hot. Here is a general question however. A few of us were hashing out pre-lube on another thread... I don't heat my engine oil, anyone foresee issues of -10 oil entering an engine that is within 75 degrees of operating temperature when I start it? I suppose it will get some radiant heat from the block but... I worry too much when I start to think about things.

Ken

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked mine up today at carquest but doesn't come with bolts/screws what size do they take or does it use the old ones?
You reuse the bolts from the inspection plate. If you want new bolts, they are standard 1/4" coarse thread bolts.

Spyderman

I cant wait to install one on my truck. Been shopping around for the best price. Should have bought the one on that auction site for $24.99. aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks