• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Garage, Need Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeager1

Talked with Geico Commercial, $836 for 12 months with NO restrictions and a GVWR of 25,999. I can haul anything up to 26k, anywhere, anytime, any distance. Can use it for camping, hunting, towing, whatever; they don't care. No storage restrictions either.
$70 a month to be able to use your truck however you want AND still be covered.

**Also, when looking online a other peoples rates, please note that state laws can make one state easily 2x cost over another.

ohnuts

Geico flat turned me down. But I got stone walled behind an agent with a chip, or was that me? Will call and ask for Geico commercial and just skip the normal agent route.

yeager1

Geico flat turned me down. But I got stone walled behind an agent with a chip, or was that me? Will call and ask for Geico commercial and just skip the normal agent route.
Yep, Geico non-commercial turned me down too.
The nice thing about a commercial policy is that your truck is not the exception to the norm that an adjuster will be ready to deny coverage to if you have some lumber or a tent in the back of or.... To them it's just like any other truck they insure regardless of your load or use, and why would you even own a deuce if you can't haul/tow anything??? (unless you're a collector who does fit with Gulfway or someone else for less money with the restricted use)

yeager1

Yeager how did your recovery go from Iowa? I took the paper that had your truck on it fut was usherred in and out on the trot.
I had to postpone it until this week. So they usherred you in and out? How did it go?

sixfeathers

Banned
Nationwide Auto will cover a MV Deuce for. me it costs 88.00 per month.. Steep but no restrictions. But will only cover Liabilty. Not full coverage.. No big deal.. You guys want contact info:

Nationwide Auto Insurance
1-866-304-9005 ext.5467.
Ask For Melissa..

Have a good day..

ohnuts

Hello Yeager1

The M185a2 drove like a champ and may need a drivers door if I dont figure out the door first. Had one tire low and the truck ran great all the way to Indianapolis. Nine hour trip with no problems.

sixfeathers

Banned
:-DI spoke with Allstate Auto. And opened my policy with them . Since I have my three other vehicle insured with them they decided to carry the ZDeuce . My payment is 476.00 per year. Alot better than others.. only restriction is I cant use for commercial hauling. but I had no plan 2. Happy today.. Now to learn how to drive the thing..

powerhouseduece

:-DI spoke with Allstate Auto. And opened my policy with them . Since I have my three other vehicle insured with them they decided to carry the ZDeuce . My payment is 476.00 per year. Alot better than others.. only restriction is I cant use for commercial hauling. but I had no plan 2. Happy today.. Now to learn how to drive the thing..

Well that's good to hear!! now to take a truck off my policy!

I went with Gulfway which is Travelers commercial insurance and a collectors application (no commercial usage) qwith an agreed value of $6,000. liability of $60,000,$5,000 medical,$50,000 comp and collision with a $1,000 ded for a premium of $149.00 a rear. You fill out a safety inspection report which is done by you. Not required to take it to take it to a vehicle inspection site! Also need some pictures, copy of your personal auto insurance,drivers license , a commercial license is not required in Montana for vehicles under 26,000 lbs. Also a copy of registration, titlt or bill of sale. Also a application or permission to check your drivers record. No garage required. No drivers under 21. All for $149.00 a year. Hope this helps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks