• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No Garage, Need Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeager1

Talked with Geico Commercial, $836 for 12 months with NO restrictions and a GVWR of 25,999. I can haul anything up to 26k, anywhere, anytime, any distance. Can use it for camping, hunting, towing, whatever; they don't care. No storage restrictions either.
$70 a month to be able to use your truck however you want AND still be covered.

**Also, when looking online a other peoples rates, please note that state laws can make one state easily 2x cost over another.

ohnuts

Geico flat turned me down. But I got stone walled behind an agent with a chip, or was that me? Will call and ask for Geico commercial and just skip the normal agent route.

yeager1

Geico flat turned me down. But I got stone walled behind an agent with a chip, or was that me? Will call and ask for Geico commercial and just skip the normal agent route.
Yep, Geico non-commercial turned me down too.
The nice thing about a commercial policy is that your truck is not the exception to the norm that an adjuster will be ready to deny coverage to if you have some lumber or a tent in the back of or.... To them it's just like any other truck they insure regardless of your load or use, and why would you even own a deuce if you can't haul/tow anything??? (unless you're a collector who does fit with Gulfway or someone else for less money with the restricted use)

yeager1

Yeager how did your recovery go from Iowa? I took the paper that had your truck on it fut was usherred in and out on the trot.
I had to postpone it until this week. So they usherred you in and out? How did it go?

sixfeathers

Banned
Nationwide Auto will cover a MV Deuce for. me it costs 88.00 per month.. Steep but no restrictions. But will only cover Liabilty. Not full coverage.. No big deal.. You guys want contact info:

Nationwide Auto Insurance
1-866-304-9005 ext.5467.
Ask For Melissa..

Have a good day..

ohnuts

Hello Yeager1

The M185a2 drove like a champ and may need a drivers door if I dont figure out the door first. Had one tire low and the truck ran great all the way to Indianapolis. Nine hour trip with no problems.

sixfeathers

Banned
:-DI spoke with Allstate Auto. And opened my policy with them . Since I have my three other vehicle insured with them they decided to carry the ZDeuce . My payment is 476.00 per year. Alot better than others.. only restriction is I cant use for commercial hauling. but I had no plan 2. Happy today.. Now to learn how to drive the thing..

powerhouseduece

:-DI spoke with Allstate Auto. And opened my policy with them . Since I have my three other vehicle insured with them they decided to carry the ZDeuce . My payment is 476.00 per year. Alot better than others.. only restriction is I cant use for commercial hauling. but I had no plan 2. Happy today.. Now to learn how to drive the thing..

Well that's good to hear!! now to take a truck off my policy!

I went with Gulfway which is Travelers commercial insurance and a collectors application (no commercial usage) qwith an agreed value of $6,000. liability of $60,000,$5,000 medical,$50,000 comp and collision with a $1,000 ded for a premium of $149.00 a rear. You fill out a safety inspection report which is done by you. Not required to take it to take it to a vehicle inspection site! Also need some pictures, copy of your personal auto insurance,drivers license , a commercial license is not required in Montana for vehicles under 26,000 lbs. Also a copy of registration, titlt or bill of sale. Also a application or permission to check your drivers record. No garage required. No drivers under 21. All for $149.00 a year. Hope this helps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.