• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS USMC M1028 from Norway Storage

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May God smile on your family AND your truck and hopefully Uncle will allow you to keep it.

My very best to a very good person, upright and honest.

Funny how it seems in 'the real world' that is becoming a very rare thing. BUT HERE? You are just one of us.

I hope it all works out to your benefit.

And I hope that the person who sold you this truck gets the full might of Uncle.

sandcobra164

May God smile on your family AND your truck and hopefully Uncle will allow you to keep it.

My very best to a very good person, upright and honest.

Funny how it seems in 'the real world' that is becoming a very rare thing. BUT HERE? You are just one of us.

I hope it all works out to your benefit.

And I hope that the person who sold you this truck gets the full might of Uncle.
Wallew,
Thanks for the kind words. Aren't you glad we didn't do that swap that you had proposed some year and a half ago? I'm sure the Blazer is still a nice truck, you sent some great pictures of it. I would have rather had that Blazer but I'm glad we didn't make a deal in light of the recent situation. I'd never pass something like this onto someone else and it's a bummer it made it to me. Truer words never spoken regarding how in "the real world", there are very few good and honest folks. If the truck leaves me, oh well. What a heck of a time I've had with it in Parades, Rallies and what not over the past two years. I've come to terms that it is what it is and whether I'm able to keep it or not, I've had the enjoyment of the old truck and have lots of pictures showing that I've had in my possession one of the nicest M1028's in somewhat private hands. We'll see where this goes. I'd hate to be out of my money tied up in this thing but it'll just be a hard lesson learned if it comes to that.

sandcobra164

Safe and Sound. Uncle, fortunately, does not want it back!!! I drove it to work today in celebration and the heater core started leaking but that's an easy enough fix. Thank Goodness it won't be leaving my yard, I don't think my youngest son would adjust to something leaving the "motorpool". Long and short of it, it's over, the NOS USMC M1028 is truly MINE!!!!

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on this coming out in your favor! Glad you got to keep it! You did the right thing and were rewarded. We were all rooting for you and never doubted the outcome. ;-)

cscmc1

Yahoo!!! Great news! Can you share any details of the SNAFU, or are you bound to keep things to yourself? Either way, the fact remains that this is a great outcome. Glad to hear it!

BTW, the heater core I got from Advance Auto Parts was at least made in Mexico rather than China. My stock one was beyond repair.

AJMBLAZER

Yahoo!!! Great news! Can you share any details of the SNAFU, or are you bound to keep things to yourself? Either way, the fact remains that this is a great outcome. Glad to hear it!

BTW, the heater core I got from Advance Auto Parts was at least made in Mexico rather than China. My stock one was beyond repair.
Congrats!

Just to tag into what he was saying here, I bought one for my '89 K5 from Advance in 2009 and it worked fine for the next two and a half years before I sold it. Price was surprisingly cheaper than anyone else's, even Rock Auto, but the quality seemed good and performance was good as well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's great news SC. Congratulations! :beer:

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wallew,
Thanks for the kind words. Aren't you glad we didn't do that swap that you had proposed some year and a half ago? I'm sure the Blazer is still a nice truck, you sent some great pictures of it. I would have rather had that Blazer but I'm glad we didn't make a deal in light of the recent situation. I'd never pass something like this onto someone else and it's a bummer it made it to me. Truer words never spoken regarding how in "the real world", there are very few good and honest folks. If the truck leaves me, oh well. What a heck of a time I've had with it in Parades, Rallies and what not over the past two years. I've come to terms that it is what it is and whether I'm able to keep it or not, I've had the enjoyment of the old truck and have lots of pictures showing that I've had in my possession one of the nicest M1028's in somewhat private hands. We'll see where this goes. I'd hate to be out of my money tied up in this thing but it'll just be a hard lesson learned if it comes to that.
SC,
Still got an M1009 - albeit one with much lower miles and a lot less rust than the one I was willing to trade you. I'm in the process of completely restoring it, just like the last one.

Congrats on Uncle letting you keep YOUR TRUCK - nice to be able to say it that way, eh?

I've got my eye on an M1010 to add to the collection, though getting the wife to agree? Might be a while before that happens.

You need anything, let me know.

again, congrats on Uncle letting you keep YOUR TRUCK!

SandCobra, Congrads my friend im glad to hear you were able to keep Sarge.Being honest defintely gets you alot farther thats for sure some times its hard but its always the best route.Congrads again glad to see yoou came out on top.:]

sandcobra164

I'll toss up the latest, if you buy a heater core from Napa, it's made in China. I think better of Napa but they let me down this go around. The leak is fixed and if anyone remembers my Fuel Injector issues, let me say that Seafoam is great. 1 pint, 1/2 a tank and the thing no longer drops a cylinder and accelerates much more strongly. I've tried PS's Diesel Kleen, 2 stroke premix oil, clean 10W preservative oil and kicking the back bumper. None of those worked but Seafoam has this truck running strong and I couldn't be happier. Perhaps this whole situation did come up for a reason. I know it's Sunday, I'm not going to Bible Thump as that's frowned upon sometimes in this modern society but for folks like myself that live in the woods and were raised "Old School", I Thank a higher authority for the Well Being of this Truck and the happiness that keeping "Sarge" in the motorpool will bring my youngest son. "interpret higher authority as anyone you want to" I'm not trying to cross the line too much.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'll toss up the latest, if you buy a heater core from Napa, it's made in China. I think better of Napa but they let me down this go around. The leak is fixed and if anyone remembers my Fuel Injector issues, let me say that Seafoam is great. 1 pint, 1/2 a tank and the thing no longer drops a cylinder and accelerates much more strongly. I've tried PS's Diesel Kleen, 2 stroke premix oil, clean 10W preservative oil and kicking the back bumper. None of those worked but Seafoam has this truck running strong and I couldn't be happier. Perhaps this whole situation did come up for a reason. I know it's Sunday, I'm not going to Bible Thump as that's frowned upon sometimes in this modern society but for folks like myself that live in the woods and were raised "Old School", I Thank a higher authority for the Well Being of this Truck and the happiness that keeping "Sarge" in the motorpool will bring my youngest son. "interpret higher authority as anyone you want to" I'm not trying to cross the line too much.
God watches over the faithful and the good troops Joe...and don't ever be ashamed or reserved in professing that, here or anywhere else.

You did the right thing and you and your family were rewarded for that. It just works that way...well most of the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks