• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS USMC M1028 from Norway Storage

sandcobra164

That's what 4WD is for PB!!! I doubt the bigger tires would have helped me that particular day. It was a good week/weekend though. The longest trip this truck has driven 1 way was to your compound and back, roughly 100 miles each direction and of course, it did fine. Now the larger tires would have prevented it from bottoming out during the Friday night Trail Ride at the GA Rally. Thank goodness for 4WD and lockers in both axles when that stuff happens. And Kenny, although I was a little mad that night, I actually didn't get a scratch on it even though it sounded rough with some of the limbs and mess that drug down the side of it!!!:beer:

AJMBLAZER

You can get up to a 34-35" tall but narrow tire on that without having to trim the fenders. Definitely make it better on and offroad and improve your clearances.

sandcobra164

GN,
That's not my flatbed, the M151 is owned by Faviking on here, the jeep is Zout's, the Cucv is mine and the flatbed or Landoll is PB's. If you know the login names, you know who they are. If not, I can't reveal their identity as they conduct secret experiments at that place. Only folks in "the know" are allowed and my privilege level is low so I'm not allowed to bring people "inside". On the day those pics were taken, we were loading up at Area PB Compound to go to the GA Rally!!! I have been able to bring the wife and kids and on another occasion, a friend but he had already done his "clearance" paperwork and was slated to drive a truck for a mission.

Abbylind

I was at the DRMO at Kirtland AFB in the late 90s and a M1008 came in with 25 miles on the odometer. Apparently the unit ordered it new and NEVER used it. The clear plastic was still on the seat! It was going to auction but another unit scooped it up at the last minute......:mad:

sandcobra164

That's not the compound, that photo was taken by a JC Penny at the Albany Mall. That event was the 9/11 Memorial event which is pretty neat. They put up 1,000 Flags in the field adjacent to the mall, host a car show and the Marine Base sets up a static display which this year included an MTVR and a HMMWV. I brought out my Deuce and CUCV to add to the display. Anyhow, Good Eye Darwin T.

chief1983

I respect wanting to enjoy it, as much as I'd like to see it preserved as well, but please tell me you at least have full coverage on it, in case something happens to it you can make the insurance company pay to restore it :p

unaffiliated

Yeah. What does a 25 year old pick up truck book for nowadays? :beer:
Not much, but you could get "Agreed Value Collector Vehicle" insurance on it. I have an old Mercedes that is kinda rare. I told the insurance company it was worth 10 grand, they took a couple pictures, I gave them $162 per year and off we went. As long as I drive it less than 2500 miles per year and belong to a car club or organization, I get 10 grand if it gets totaled. I only paid $1000 for it and got another car with it.

Amer-team

Have you gotten that truck jacked up yet? It has been interesting to follow the original or modified debate.
One thing that you will always have that none of the rest of us can say, is that in 2011, I owned the finest, original M 1028 in the country.

Amer-team

Having worked with my dad in my youth, to take a dead stock, rust free, 600 mile, M38A1, and fixed it up, I understand where he is coming from. We re-springed it wide tires, saginaw steering, balanced and blue printed 289, full cage, racing seats, and seat belts, painted it black over the original stars and markings, with orange highlights. It was fast. It was a lot of fun.
Go for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks