• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NOS USMC M1028 from Norway Storage

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
91W350,
I've got an M1028A2. Not for sale. But next August we (MVCC) will once again put on our display at the Rocky Mtn Airshow. I will be displaying it then, just like last year.

Or drop me a PM and come on out some time over one weekend. I'll even let yah drive it.

I love my M1028A2. It's a great truck. Does everything I want out of a heavy pickup.

I bought it instead of another deuce.

ABN173

I honestly think these trucks are the most reliable you can get for the money

I bought a 03 Dodge Durango with low miles, mainly because I needed a SUV class vehicle with a high towing capacity to help out with a cross-country PCS move(from GA to WA). I had it checked by a reliable shop before purchasing. It made the trip fine but as soon as I made it up here to the PNW it crapped out and I spent just as much on a engine rebuild as I did for the vehicle.

I purchased a M1008 from FT Lewis about 20 months ago, I have towed with it, driven it to and from work daily, gone to a remote field site in Yakima a few times with it, and a few rally convoys. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. I have only had to perform oil changes and changed out a headlight once. I also had to fix the overflow nipple on the neck of the radiator when I first bought it. And nothing else since!

-Dale

Josh

I honestly think these trucks are the most reliable you can get for the money I see way more Old Chevy trucks on the road than Dodge or Ford
Every vehicle I've owned (except my landcruiser/deuce) has been a 70's/80's Chevy. At one point I had 7 of them. Was just trying to be a smart ass, and I'm looking at 2 m1008s right now for a grand total of 3200 bucks, but both need some body work, and one is a hard starter.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a 03 Dodge Durango with low miles, mainly because I needed a SUV class vehicle with a high towing capacity to help out with a cross-country PCS move(from GA to WA). I had it checked by a reliable shop before purchasing. It made the trip fine but as soon as I made it up here to the PNW it crapped out and I spent just as much on a engine rebuild as I did for the vehicle.

I purchased a M1008 from FT Lewis about 20 months ago, I have towed with it, driven it to and from work daily, gone to a remote field site in Yakima a few times with it, and a few rally convoys. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. I have only had to perform oil changes and changed out a headlight once. I also had to fix the overflow nipple on the neck of the radiator when I first bought it. And nothing else since!

-Dale
"Unofficail Use Only"

12vctd

I say its your truck, you worked hard for the cash to pay for it, so lift it, cut the fenders put a 12 vavle cummins in it, anything you want as its your truck. And who cares what anyone else has to say. Is it a cherry ride sure is. But its bottom line is its a piece of equipment to be used how the operator wants to use it. Enjoy your purchase and have fun with it. The memories that truck will bring your wife and children is far more important imo than putting yet another clean CUCV in a bldg to collect dust.

trukhead

So, is this M1028 worth restoring?

:roll:I have this M1028 with 30,000 some odd miles, It is missing the windshield, alternators and batteries. I have a donor truck for the parts and am just wondering? SF 97 is on the way.

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

mf5129

m1028 restore

:roll:I have this M1028 with 30,000 some odd miles, It is missing the windshield, alternators and batteries. I have a donor truck for the parts and am just wondering? SF 97 is on the way.
if you need the altenators i have a pair.pm me if interested.the truck will be useful when finished.

Amer-team

First, beautiful truck. Second, how about a lift and tires on something that isn't so nice. I have wondered for a few years why MVPA doesn't add an Original class. Not restored, not motor pooled, but original vehicles. It would be good to preserve a few of them for the future.
I had an original M715 with 16,000 miles that a guy bought. He took it home, gutted it and put in civilian parts at all the places he could bolt them on, and while it is a nice truck, it will never be the nice, original, low mileage 1968 truck that it was.
Bottom line, nice find.

lavarok

WOW. As one low mileage CUCV owner to another, keep an eye on your injection pump.

When these trucks sit, its one of the first things to go.

I dont think I've ever seen a photo of a CUCV with the pioneer tools behind the seat. Very nice!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks