• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oddball deuce or?????

ccf460

Yeah, I know the front axle is not from a M35A2, but is it military?
I was hoping the front axle shots, engine shot, and trans/pto's shot might be a clue if it is a military cobble job,
or a deuce cab sitting on a civilian 6 wheel drive chassis of some type?

ccf460

I was afraid of that. Will probably harvest the windshield frame ( not seen too many like it), the repairable hard top, and a few other odds and ends, and send the rest to the great beyond.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I know the front axle is not from a M35A2, but is it military?
I was hoping the front axle shots, engine shot, and trans/pto's shot might be a clue if it is a military cobble job,
or a deuce cab sitting on a civilian 6 wheel drive chassis of some type?
The cab resembles a old FWD with a International cab , the front clip looks military . At minimum it's a aftermarket windshield . Post some pics of the inside of the cab.
Is it a REO or International motor ?

ccf460

porkysplace,
The doors seem to be deuce, except the angle at the rear of the door that matches the one in the front like a deuce. The dash looks like a deuce, but a little older styled? Has deuce wiper motors.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't Memphis Equipment or Boyce do a windshield upgrade years ago?

Last edited:

ccf460

I thought I have seen that windshield frame on a deuce before. I will know more tomorrow, seller is digging out the title and registration.
I was hoping someone would recognize the engine/transmission?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nope, not an original gasser "eager beaver".

I want some pics of the green truck behind it with what looks like a crane in the bed! If you had time to snap a few pics I would appreciate it.

ccf460

After being pointed down the right direction.....
I think it might be a deuce cab/front clip sitting on a 50's~60's international 6 wheel drive chassis? What say you?
The title may tell the story if it says IH