• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALLs M109 w trailer

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brain fart...Dont know hat I was thunkin....

I had a second look at the new LED's, I had a brain fart. I had them mounted wrong. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

There thats better.

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easter Deuce on the loose..!

I filled up with ATF got her warm and took a ride down Woodward South to Jefferson, which is at the Detroit River staring at Windsor, Ontario Canada.

Woodward Ave is the Detroit Dream Cruise route.Then over to I-75 North back home. Trip took 2.5 hours and when I returned back to the lz I refilled with ATF and only burned 8.5 gallons. I would think 90 miles round trip. I had a good time.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Install Muffler, Install Snorkel on Deuce

This was an easy mod. The muffler tucked right in behind the safety screen. I got this from a SS member this past winter. I also took delivery on a snorkel from another member complete with the double clamps. The whole mod took 1 hour to install with minimal tools. I was amazed at the difference in the sound factor.

I would guess between the two mods the sound level was cut in half. I like the look and I am glad I did it.

EDIT 4-24-2012: Installed a flapper to complete the intake exhaust mods. I got tired of the Maxwell House Can.

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The meaning of the word INFIDEL

I had a weird/good experience at my local party store yesterday. I pulled up in the 109. Parking brake on, out of gear and left it running. Got out and went in the store to pick up an order the owner Jimmy had for me in his freezer. By the time I had the 2 wheel dolly all loaded up and was wheeling it out the door there was 8-10 people congregated around the back of the truck. Jimmy asked me to explain to the now growing crowd the meaning of INFIDEL.

I put my load off to the side, shut down the truck and introduced myself to everyone. I explained to them the word INFIDEL is an Arabic word.

In short, I am proud American, I am a Christian and I openly denounce the Muslim faith. The Arabs call us the INFIDEL because we are Christian and not Muslim. The crowd all cheered and gave me the thumbs up. They all thought I was a Muslim and was up to no good. 2 men then grabbed the dolly and asked if I needed help loading the supply's in the rear. I never thought a small vinyl graphic on a truck would stir up such a response.

I am a proud Infidel. This is not a political post just an honest one.

What does infidel mean

Source: what does infidel mean - Ask Community...
The word "infidel" refers loosely to a non-believer in any certain faith. Muslims employ the word to describe those who do not believe in the Islamic faith.

Definitions of 'infidel'
infidel

One who defames his Creator and impeaches his own reason by believing in Orthodox Christianity.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took a trip to Howell today. Picked up a fuel pump station. Had a chance to meet blckdblnckl, Good man with a bad azz crane truck. Made the job much easier. I did not notice any difference in ride performance on the ride home. The weight was in the middle.

Also he showed me his 1028 w/banks turbo. The install looked clean. I aspire to install a banks. One day maybe.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed the NOS hemtt buckets. I needed a good base for both frame rails so I used 50 cal ammo cans. I welded them and bolted them in with over sized 1/4" washers. I like the water tight cans for storing chit.

I just painted the can base and mounted a ammo can console. I'm taking the lid to work so I can weld some cup holders to the top and a tray for the cell phone and 3 12v plug in DC connections.

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Don, do you have the chocks mounted in a way that keeps them from bouncing around while you're going down the road? I would think they would beat the back of the truck up while it is in motion if they are just hanging there.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Tow, The chocks are between the two brackets and tight to the top. There really is no bouncing around. I like it. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
July 1 Detroit Deuce on the loose.

Took a trip through Detroit today. Ended up going through Dearborn, that was a trip. The festival was fun. Stopped by a few Detroit landmarks for a pic or two.:driver:

Mogger67 went along for the ride and was good company for a change. I let him drive the city/freeway home. He still cant get a grip of the standard shifting pattern and is a slow learning student. Before we left I filled up with mineral oil, average MPG was 11.6

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks