• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off Grid

Lextreme

I already have two additional batteries and now adding 3 more. I am running out of space. So made a 12 gauge box with 3 slots dedicated for batteries, one slot for solar charge controller and lowest part for solar dump load. I also got a 10 gallon propane tank sits on top of the whole.

I also have two file type of locks for the battery door and on Master lock for the propane tank. Installation is next.

Attachments

Last edited:

PsycoBob

I've considered yanking the driver's side toolbox & stuff them in there. From the edge of the cab to the inside of the brackets, there's quite a lot of room. Add a commercial 8D battery box or a generic plastic case.

Lextreme

I've considered yanking the driver's side toolbox & stuff them in there. From the edge of the cab to the inside of the brackets, there's quite a lot of room. Add a commercial 8D battery box or a generic plastic case.
I am putting a secondary gas tank there already so no more room. I mounted the propane tank very high so if a truck rear ended me the tank wont be easily damage.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is harder to get a propane tank to explode then you think. There are all kinds of pictures of people shooting holes through them with rifles with nothing but a Hissss as the gas leaves the tank.

Besides having it within eyeline of the truck behind you should add extra incentive for him NOT to risk hitting you. Remember, he will have a front stage ticket to that show. :)

Lextreme

Thumb's up Lex, keep it up. I want to see installation of them solar panels.
Hey D,

Thanks... miss you guys since the meet. U saw what I did "For Your Eyes Only" :) I might able to install 2nd and 3rd tank today and perhaps solars this weekend. Still waiting for some MC4 plugs.