• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

AMGeneral

If you are planning on primitive camping(tent,trailer,S250,S280 shelter,no power hookup required, ETC) do we still need to call and make reservations?

Or just register and pay for camping when I arrive?

I am planning on sleeping in my S250 shelter on my gooseneck trailer after I get Ron to unload it is why I am asking.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you are planning on primitive camping(tent,trailer,S250,S280 shelter,no power hookup required, ETC) do we still need to call and make reservations?

Or just register and pay for camping when I arrive?

I am planning on sleeping in my S250 shelter on my gooseneck trailer after I get Ron to unload it is why I am asking.
No, you can just show up. Primitive doesn't require pre registration.

We're glad you're planning on joining us this year!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings potential and verified rally attendees! We are under 80 days out! It's time to service your vehicles, dig out your surplus and sock away spending cabbage. This is going to be the best rally yet. Remember, the first couple of posts have tons of important and useful info. Check out the radio thread and the swap thread. Please, if you make a deal to purchase something, follow through. If your situation changes, at least show the courtesy to contact the seller.

ATTENTION, ATTENTION! Please craft a sign or something to show who you are in the swap meet field and on your AO if you are buying or selling stuff. We do our best to guide folks where they need to be but help us help you! We can't possibly keep track of everyone.

Now lets get this show on the road!

auctionaddict

I'm ready !
Bought a "solar shade" system on GL to go over my swap meet stuff..
May need a hand to set it up. Instructions say 2 soldiers-30 minutes ?
Going to have some good "junk" and a big bargain section with a lot of Free-10.00 goodies !! (cleaning out the shed)

Whiterabbit

Great idea about the signs!!!
Might be a good idea to put your screen name on your vehicle's windshield?? It'll cut down on the "who's truck is that?" too!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
73 days folks. Sock away that cash. $5 a day for 73 days can get you some swap meet goodies for sure!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It sure seems like a ways away but it will seem like the end of the week and it will be time to load up and head to the rally.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can talk my dad into going?
Tell him a grumpy ole Bear respectfully requests his attendance. We can share an adult beverage and tell lies.:papabear:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The projected numbers are the same every year. We are happy to see people show up with their trucks but it is more important to have a SAFE and quality rally than it is to have a numeric goal.

If ten trucks and 20 people show up we are going to have a great time. If 100 trucks with 300 people show up we will have a great time.

Come one, come all.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
any idea what the projected numbers are going to be?
107 Power units, 23 trailers, 8 generators, 278 adults, 12 children, and 6 dogs for the "core group" spending more than one day.:carnac:

Wreckerman will be singing "the Impossible Dream" at the Friday night campfire which is always a huge draw.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It sure seems like a ways away but it will seem like the end of the week and it will be time to load up and head to the rally.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can talk my dad into going?
Just be honest: "It's one of the 3 or 4 best military vehicle rallies in the country and only dorks don't attend it"

any idea what the projected numbers are going to be?
The projected numbers are the same every year. We are happy to see people show up with their trucks but it is more important to have a SAFE and quality rally than it is to have a numeric goal.

If ten trucks and 20 people show up we are going to have a great time. If 100 trucks with 300 people show up we will have a great time.

Come one, come all.
I totally agree with SWB's sentiment. I really thought after we had 106 trucks in 2012 and 109 in 2013 that the rally had sort of plateau'd in terms of growth. Then it grew 20% in one year and 2014 had 131 powered vehicles. I'd have to get with Recovry4x4 to see if he has a better idea of human head count, but I'd guess it has to be no less than 350 people.

I think at this point, it's safe to say 100+ powered vehicles and 300 people. Let's face it, even if it shrunk 20%, that would still be 105+ trucks. Still one of the biggest rallies in the country.

Wreckerman will be singing "the Impossible Dream" at the Friday night campfire which is always a huge draw
Wreckerman's singing has always been the high point of the rally. Not the huge number of trucks, the hardball convoy, the offroading, campfires or swap meets- it's always been his "Conway Twitty singing along with 3 donkeys in a tent" voice that has brought the crowds.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks