• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be able to since I need to meet up with maddawg sometime after the rally to deliver his tires to him and get my 2 915A1 tires(that will take me past Cranetruck's place on the way).

Let me know.
Kidnap Bjorn and bring him to the rally.

poppop

I second recovery,s request. I would love to shake Bjorn's hand and meet him face to face. If you are reading this Bjorn, just come on down and save us all the hassle of having to kidnap you.

AMGeneral

I had planned to leave on Thursday morning. I would love to convoy with you. There is another member in Haiwassee, GA that may be leaving about the same time I belive and maybe he could join the convoy. PM me with phone conctact information so we can coordinate our time and meeting location.

PM sent,we should be at the GA-17 exit (Exit 173 off I-85) between 10:30 and 11:00 on Thursday morning barring any mechanical failures.

AMGeneral

Would be great AMGeneral, not sure of your location or route but let me know what I need to do to make it happen

Actually Cranetruck is about 2 hrs north of me( I live in Western North Carolina),but I can run up there and grab the trailer with the dually one weekend,I'll have to figure out how to pack all this stuff on the lowboy though.

Monica

Ok, brain fart, what's the plan for Wednesday? I can make an industrial sized batch of chicken stew that can be thrown on a burner for general traveler's fare.

Wreckerman, do you know when you'll head through ATL Wednesday? I can slide into the convoy here.

Oh, and a thought for KP, since the real cleanup is after the meal, how about marking that a credit towards the next meal. That way people are motivated to stay around and scrub pots after mealtime's over.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Monica......Mike should still be there with the MKT on Wed but I have had to change my arrival date to Thursday afternoon. I can't miss school Wed and Thurs morning.

This will mean most of the groceries will not get there till then since I have to make a stop at Sams on the way there.

I'm sure your stew would be appreciated by the guys that get there Wed. night.

We pretty much operate on the honor system as far as KP and the free meals go.....last year we seemed to have enough help. I don't think anyone that ate for free shirked their duty.

poppop

Monica, chicken stew sounds great!!! I will be there early Wednesday to help Mike setup. Richard, what am I supposed to do with the fresh Possums I pick up on the way if you arn't there on Wednesday?????? They could be getting a little strong by Thursday afternoon.:???:

AMGeneral

Ok folks,work (or lack thereof) may have thrown a giant wrench into my plans,

As of Oct 2 I(as well as most of our crew) will be laid off till possibly April 1st,so depending on finances,the 915 and lowboy or M211 may not be making the trip south.

I will however be making a day trip in the dually to deliver/pick up promised parts as follows,

Sandcobra's vinly 3 color tarp
Recovery 4x4's mounting plate for a multifuel
Makincold's M105 and picking up 6 sets of tire chains for Cranetruck
Maddawg 308's 3 FMTV tires/wheels
Bruce Kubu's frame(TBD to winslow's)
5 gallons of paint from Cabell Garbee TBD and picked up at the rally site

It'll probably be Friday when I make the trip if I have to make it a single day trip.

MDSA will most likely still be making the trip down on thurs to the rally site,he will probably be following the same route as the convoy was going to.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
poppop...just skin them rascals, smoke em, salt em down and hold onto them til the main body arrives.:roll:
PS...it's hard to keep em lit!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jumpin:

I smell chilimac:shock::drool::drool::drool:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you can make it this year. I know how much if sucks to be strapped for cash. If I didn't find enough used oil, I wouldn't be able to make it either. (luckily I did)

Monica

LLoyd,

How bout wrap them in aluminum foil, with a separate bag of smoking chips (pierced) and set on top of your engine block. They'll be smoked and ready to eat by the time you get to site. (You will have to dress them out, though).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It's not set in stone yet WM,If the layoff is iminent,I have about 10 to 20K lbs of scrap waiting for it's trip to the yard.
That will be my rally travel cash.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....looks like SOMEONE...may have time to come to Columbus, GA. and work on...oh...I don't know....maybe... A GOER????:drool:
I pay in peanuts...but the salt is free.:wink:

Just imagine...a GOER at the GA Rally...thanks to AMG[thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Anybody have a extra camping space, or went to share my tarp, at a $15 charge for 3 people a night, and since I'm by myself, trying to save a little coin, maybe set up a big tent and all us single bums can sorta squat for $5 a head $20 for 4 nights is better then $60

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah,

I'll have the one Command Post Tent I'll be bringing and when the other one makes it there with Phil on Wednesday afternoon, we can make the super-mega command post and have plenty of room. You're more than welcome to share

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks