• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just wondering if we have a ruff head count? I plan to be there several days and it looks like my wife and daughter will be there for a day or two. I am pressuring my brother to come down too with his two boys. I am even "inviting" my scout troop. It is doubtful those wienies will make it.
I don't try to do head counts anymore because a month before the rally, there are a thousand people who say they are coming and in the last week, they drop like flies. In all the years I have helped put on events (with the Mopar club and MV's) I've never been able to create an accurate headcount.

But judging from all the people I know are coming and all the people who say they are, I just don't see how we can't have at least 50-60 trucks this year. Last year we had 40. If I had to take a rough guess of the headcount I'd say 150-ish.

One foolish question? I have a 16mm surplus projector (that's right, it's green) and I have two episodes of "Rat patrol". Does anybody think that would be cool to bring and watch? I had it at a scout camp out a few months back and the boys hated it. Rat patrol is cheesy so the only real fun is flashing back to those 16mm films from our childhood. It is heavy and awkward so it won't hurt my feelings if no one wants to see it. It can't compare to a DVD and projector.

Joe
We have briefly discussed trying to show a movie one night-make sure the trailrides and the dinner are done by 8 or so, then watch a movie but with so many people there it creates a couple of issues-finding something that everyone wants to see and getting everyone together.

That's why we've never made it to the shooting range-it isn't that we don't want to, it's that getting it into the plan is difficult.

Me personally, I've seen rat patrol and I think I'll kick it at the campfire rofl

But, like I've always said, the whole point of the rally is to do what you want. If you guys wanna set it up and watch, more power to you!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe,
I've been watching this thread and trying to pick up first names and screen names so Kenny could make name tags. I'm at over 100 names and we are still five weeks out. Clinto is correct in that many will have a change of plans at the last minute. I know I am scheduled to take two trips to Europe between now and then, which will play heck with my preparations.

exbrown

I am really looking forward to this rally.

It will be 10 weeks since my heart attack and quadruple bypass surgery, so I am more than ready to get out and see some MVs. My bobbed deuce should be painted by then, but I am not sure it will have its new tires.

I am also looking forward to seeing the MKTs and how well they work.

zout

Ratpatrol
Flying Tigers
Beneath Hill 60 - if you have never seen this - it is awesome
All Quiet on the Western Front
Combat ole series
Deliverence - MY YA GOT SOME PRETTY RED TUTU :jumpin:

:beer: beer and popcorn

heck just put one on and who sits down and watches - watches -if they have other things to do they will do it.

I will be sitting in PB's kart watching and sippin Crown.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than eating at the mess trailer, and riding the trails, is there any cost to attend? I can only come on Friday, but plan on spending most of the day, plus I have a generator that needs to go to Fla.
I might have my MV by then, but I am not counting on it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Other than eating at the mess trailer, and riding the trails, is there any cost to attend? I can only come on Friday, but plan on spending most of the day, plus I have a generator that needs to go to Fla.
I might have my MV by then, but I am not counting on it.
No cost otherwise. You're good to go. :D

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To Floridianson in interverry? Fl. He may be coming to the rally. I was going to contact him in about two weeks to make sure.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We are always looking for help in the kitchen......KP's eat free.
Just to help out...CAMO will eat most of the leftovers.:drool:

In doing so the ever present danger of hungry bears attacking the AO will be effectively prevented!! :beer:.

It's a tough job, but somebody has to step up and do it!!!

exbrown

Is anyone coming to the Ga Rally from the Florida pan handle area? Preferably around the Eglin AFB area?

Also, is anyone coming from the Cincinnati, Oh area?

Thanks

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone coming to the Ga Rally from the Florida pan handle area? Preferably around the Eglin AFB area?

Also, is anyone coming from the Cincinnati, Oh area?

Thanks

Gimpyrobb will probably be attending from Cincy, and I'm coming from the other side of the state of OH by Wheeling WV.

I'm hoping to get in touch with someone from the Eglin area as well, I have a tent I need picked up!!!

Green_gator

Well with any luck and a little help from the Steel Soldiers underground we will have an additional MKT at the Georgia Rally. Won one out of Columbus today. If any one is coming from that area and can deliver it to the rally please let me know INot sure how complete it is but it looks okay from the photos. Now to start prepping other trailers to sell to help pay for this thing.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations! We'll work on getting it fixed up for the FL Rally in Feb! Post some of the pictures as soon as you can - or PM me the lot number and I'll get whatever I can.

exbrown

Gimpyrobb will probably be attending from Cincy, and I'm coming from the other side of the state of OH by Wheeling WV.

I'm hoping to get in touch with someone from the Eglin area as well, I have a tent I need picked up!!!

You may want to contact Oxman. He picked up a towbar for me at Eglin. I am trying to get it brought up to the Ga Rally.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to contact Oxman. He picked up a towbar for me at Eglin. I am trying to get it brought up to the Ga Rally.
He is the one picking up my tent...thanks for the tip though. I am also working on getting it to the rally. If you find someone, or if I do, maybe we can get them to work for both of us?????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly Eglin is over 4 hours away from I-75, the route up to the rally. Over an back is a days trip. It's a long 2 day trip from my AO.

exbrown

He is the one picking up my tent...thanks for the tip though. I am also working on getting it to the rally. If you find someone, or if I do, maybe we can get them to work for both of us?????
How large is your tent? I may end up driving to Florida myself. It will depend on what the Dr says when I go back for my heart check up, and how work goes.

davidkroberts

well come he** or high water ill be coming, not sure which MV ill be bringing or who else ill drag with me. Might be bringing a bobber M35, might be a M1009, who knows what will be running right by then.

If i can get my buddy brian to go he'll bring about 3 cases of russian stout homebrew of his and im making ale. Im not worth a crap in the kitchen but i will help with dishes or whatever i need too. I guess i could probably scare up a bunch of firewood from around here before i go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks