• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2010 SS Ga Rally Info thread

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
anybody bringing a welder, I have a little project of about 15 min. of welding that I went to do

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Marine recruiter in uniform that crawled in the truck with me and held the bleeding till the medics arrived, my boss as heard of this and is going to replace his uniform witch got covered in my blood.
He should be recommeded for the "Soldiers Medal".....it is given to soldiers for heroic action in a non-combat environment.
When you get able you should have a word with his Station Commander.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
He should be recommended for the "Soldiers Medal".....it is given to soldiers for heroic action in a non-combat environment.
When you get able you should have a word with his Station Commander.
I think that is a great idea. My supervisor has his info I will bring it up with her. she was in to see me today to get some paperwork taken care of. I asked her about the rally and she said lets see in a couple weeks and we will think about it. She showed me the video from the traffic cam of the wreck. It was weard seeing it , I don't remember any of it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Alright folks, we are only a little less than 4 weeks out from the rally. It's time to make sure your rides are serviced, fueled up and ready to go.

I really don't think any of us realizes how big this year could be. The emails, pm's and phone calls I have gotten from word of mouth referrals,the rally website and this thread have been amazing. This years turnout could really be amazing-I wouldn't be surprised to see growth of 50% over last year's event. It's that big.

So if there is any year that you were going to go, it's this one!
I told ya, 75 trucks. There will be 75 trucks there, I know this because I'm....

zout

No problem Ron - it also has a gen operaton on it as well - so if your welding and need to hook up power over there to finish a job - you have that option.

I will have my auto mask along - but if you think your going to weld bring your own gloves - my size is a real prissy girly size and most likely will not fit - I sometimes weld (very stuipd) without them for short spurts - get a real nice tan like that.

Got plenty of wire .035 - keeping my big cutting torch tanks at home - can barely roll em outta the garage less shove em in the back of the 105.

I will have my nut zert crimpers and some zerts 3/8th thread - sticking on Neils ladder for him - also my 1/2 drill - in case anyone wants to put a thread in something - feel free. Was thinking of catching WM's pet and threading him to the side of the MKT.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Your inital condition sounds awful. I`m agreeing with loyd ,you were being watched over. you or your boss should get in touch with the recriters commander to see what can be done. takes a special person such as yourself and the recruiter to react as you did. I salute the both of you. Ever if I have to wait another year to meet you it will be worth the wait. I`ll say a prayer for you my friend.

Neil Hendrix

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
My supervisor was in to see me today before she flew back to VA. We talked about putting the Marine that saved me up for the Soldiers Medal, that is a Army Medal. The powers that be said she needs to put him up for the Navy/Marine corps Medal. They are going to send her the paperwork Monday to fill out . She has the police report and a report from the medics and DR. stating that his fast thinking saved my life. then it has to go up the chain of command. I will keep you updated i guess the process takes awhile.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, when you come into the SSGR Pasture, the MKT will be set up (or being set up) on the left. Somewhere in that area you will find a sign that says "Check In" or "Registration". Don't freak out and run the other way, we don't want your money. I'm going to put up a guest book of sorts. We would like to keep an accurate register of who is attending the rally. Please list your screen name, real name, # of guests and vehicles. If another member in your party is a SS member, have them enter their name separate. If you are already at the rally and see new arrivals, please request them to sign in as well. I'm going have some nametags and markers at that sign in area. Please take one and put both your screen name and given name so those of us with CRS can identify you. We will have some announcements Friday and Saturday night around the fire so make yourself available for at least one of these. Any wine critics going to be on location? I have a very special bottle of wine that I'm bringing and I'd like the real wine connoisseurs to rate it for me. After that I'll disclose where it came from. Time is of the essence, lets get our collective crap together and get ready for a great rally.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that is a great idea. My supervisor has his info I will bring it up with her. she was in to see me today to get some paperwork taken care of. I asked her about the rally and she said lets see in a couple weeks and we will think about it. She showed me the video from the traffic cam of the wreck. It was weard seeing it , I don't remember any of it.

If it has not been recommended yet you both need to be put up for a "soldiers metal" I told my wife about this story and she also stated that you as well as the other Marine needs to be given this metal. I'm glad that the children and parents recognized you and your heroism. People just dint know what truck drivers go through on a daily basis dealing with dispatchers, unrealistic delivery times and unruly drivers of small vehicles!

Get well soon!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hmmm....sounds like Kenny is an FBI informant watching ratical groups!!!
Ya know what? I like that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a bunch of good ole boys and girls with common interests (military vehicles) having a good time and furthering the cause.
Seriously though...I think Clinto and his staff will need a little help and cooperation this year and I will do all I can...and so will the CAMO Crew.

I think this rally will be the answer to the "regional rally/show" question. I already know my answer.:grd:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have fun at the GA rally . I was thinking about going for the first time this year, but work is still non-existant on this end. So doghead has to be content hanging out with the GA people.

And Haspin is still better anyways. :)

jkelly66

I'm afraid I wont be making the rally this year. Friday i had a school bus pull out in front of me and stop, It was hit the bus full of kids or the ditch, I took the ditch. still in the hospital , had collapsed lung, broken arm. Don't remember too much after the ditch woke up the next day in the hospital, pry be in here another week they say, but I'm alive! AS you can see from the photo my boss e-mailed me the truck didn't fair so well. Bus driver was sighted for it and put on suspension pending investigation. a traffic cam caught the hole thing on video. bus turned in front of me on a red light and then just stopped. I pry wont be back to work for a bit till i heal up. Got a real cute nurse!!!!!!!!!!
Glad your still with us, get well soon and commendable job on avoiding the school bus.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks