• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 Haspin Rally Multimedia Thread

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
212sparky;1155643[COLOR=yellow said:
Our rally is usually just us local guys that cant[/COLOR] make it to the GA rally. Indy, when did we do it last year?
AT the GA. RALLY WE have the GIMPSTER and the rest of that gang, TINKERBELL and the rest of that gang, along with a some of FL. guys that go to both rallies. last year we had a bunch of non-aligned northern aggressors. SO the above is not totaly true

The one of reasons the GA rally date was/is what it is because it would NOT conflict with other rallies as a courtesy to other rallies, the date has been about the same since the second rally, it would be nice for other rallies to extend the same courtesy

ELMO may have other thoughts about the GIMPESTER being at this years rally because of last years assult.

Attachments

Last edited:

212sparky

AT the GA. RALLY WE have the GIMPSTER and the rest of that gang, TINKERBELL and the rest of that gang, along with a some of FL. guys that go to both rallies. last year we had a bunch of non-aligned northern aggressors. SO the above is not totaly true

The one of reasons the GA rally date was/is what it is because it would NOT conflict with other rallies as a courtesy to other rallies, the date has been about the same since the second rally, it would be nice for other rallies to extend the same courtesy

ELMO may have other thoughts about the GIMPESTER being at this years rally because of last years assult.
LIKE I SAID. OUR FALL RALLY IS THE GUYS THAT CAN'T MAKE IT DOWN THERE!!!!!! to **** with it some one else take lead I am out!!!!!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about instead of turning this into another "us versus them" thread someone looks into possibly setting up two-way communications between the rallies IF they fall on the same weekend. I'm not saying they will or if anyone even cares but I would prefer this doesn't turn into a urination contest. Sparky is correct, the smaller rallies at Haspin are more for the guys who live close enough to Haspin to make more than one pilgrimage per year to tear the heck out of their trucks and have a good time doing it. If we continue to bicker I will politely ask a mod to close this thread. In the immortal words of the drug using drunk who died in the last week, "Can't we all just get along?".

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
LIKE I SAID. OUR FALL RALLY IS THE GUYS THAT CAN'T MAKE IT DOWN THERE!!!!!! to **** with it some one else take lead I am out!!!!!!
OK, let's take a chill pill and communicate a little better PLEASE??

Sparky I commend you for trying to coordinate a rally for those who can't make the GA Rally for one reason or another.:D

I would like to attend many different events but time, distance, money and family prevents most of that.

We run into the same thing with ZOUT's BBQ/pig roast and Timntrucks LA Rally.
It just seems like the same weekend is the BEST weekend in the spring for both events so fellers just have to attend the event that best suits their situation.

I guess folks just have to assess their situation and decide which event they can attend.

I can see scheduling around other events if possible but I can't see anyone having hard feelings about the scheduling.

Hey...it is what it is...let's just deal with it like adults and having a rally for folks that can't make it to GA makes more sense to me than those folks not getting to attend a rally at all.:popcorn:

zout

Surely agree with PB on this one (mark on your calender I agree'd with him).

I know with the cookout we just wanted to do something to kick off spring time. This year LA Rally goers wanted it on the same date and all they did was ask if I had a problem changing the date - ABSOLUTELY to help them out and we both understood each others circumstances and we both wanted to do something for other members.

Just gotta let cool head prevail here - after reading this a couple times it just seemed less intrusive than just reading it for the first time.

Congradulations on wanting to do something - just make it work and let others join you who 'see" your vision of what you want.

I know Deb and I wished we could have made it to LA for their rally to support them - but those that know my circumstances of work understand - those that don;t I do not care - but I was there in heart with them fella's.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Last year we had the 2011 Fall Haspin Rally The weekend before the GA Rally so if the locals wanted to hit both rallies they could. Setting up ham radio communications between the rallies, is every possible if I can get john from the museum to bring his m35a2 com truck to the fall rally if they both fall on the same weekend this year. Good idea swbradley1. That's actually a brilliant idea. I think that would be a first for steel soldiers, too.

how in the O.D. Green Ham Unit usually comes to the GA Rally with ham gear?

2011 Fall Haspin Rally
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/76604-2011-fall-haspin-run-pic-video-thread.html
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/71150-haspin-2011-fall-run-hows-up-row-2-a.html

2012 Fall Haspin Rally
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/90159-2012-fall-haspin-rally.html

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
10mogger is our comms guy at SSGR. I'm sure he would get a kick out of linking both events together over the waves.

212sparky

Sorry guys, after certain events that happened last weekend:banghead: , I was not ready for the toung lashing for our little local event. I am better now and hope this will work out with being connectged through the waives. Who knows if this works maby we can have "one" huge rally across the country in the future.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Sorry guys, after certain events that happened last weekend:banghead: , I was not ready for the toung lashing for our little local event. I am better now and hope this will work out with being connectged through the waives. Who knows if this works maby we can have "one" huge rally across the country in the future.
No, worries sparky we all have moments which our tempers come out in the wrong way, been there done that Mrs._indy4x4fab and anny4x4fab will testify to it on my part.

A World Wide MV Rally weekend, now that would be very cool if we could do that all by ham radio and not by PC. Make an old school true military connected, even with relay points for messages and all. That way almost everybody could be connected in some way to the rest of us all at the same time.

They always told use to dream big and shoot for the stars in school so why not go really big. :driver:8):driver:

czechers1999

I dont post very often butt, I only have one suggestion. pick a weekend and stick to it

last year haspin was June 8th -12th this year it was June 14-17 (fathers day weekend?)

its hard to plan when the weekend keeps moving around. this is the reason myself and my

brothers could not go. if you are going to have a fall rally at haspin, like last year, pick a

date and stick with it making it a yearly event. then everyone can plan for it and knows

when it will be.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I dont post very often butt, I only have one suggestion. pick a weekend and stick to it

last year haspin was June 8th -12th this year it was June 14-17 (fathers day weekend?)

its hard to plan when the weekend keeps moving around. this is the reason myself and my

brothers could not go. if you are going to have a fall rally at haspin, like last year, pick a

date and stick with it making it a yearly event. then everyone can plan for it and knows

when it will be.
We will do our best but the dates are not always the same so we will try to stick with a specific weekend in the fall for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally scene it is usually the key or core mid-west members that go to it each year but we are trying to set a date that allow the most members to attend the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally. We also understand that we can't please every one and that break downs, family, and personal problems will come up that will not allow all members to attend the Rallies, that's just life but me, sparky, and auggydoggy have talked about making it a set weekend a couple times before and it was also discussed at the Summer Haspin Rally as well.

This is a work in progress thing and this is also why we start planning these events out three to four month in advance as well. So please bare with use and can we get back to the pictures and videos of the summer rally now?

Here's the link for the http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/90159-2012-fall-haspin-rally.html

zout

Rob - we all knew everyone would come to their senses again quickly. On top of that - I do not think anyone feels any different towards anything typed as well.
Better things to come out of all of this I think.:jumpin::jumpin:

rbeasley66

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKhsGrp_Jx4[/media]

Indy4x4fab coming down the hill and then through a ditch at the 2012 SS Haspin Rally

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks