• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNT

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info thread

It's left over from a tree downed back in the spring. Should have split it and stacked it months ago. I wish I had done it back in that cool dry spell.

The wood is nice and dry anyway. It'll be ok in a pile right there for a bit. I'll load it in the deuce as the last load of stuff to relocate to the new house and then it'll be in the truck if/when I can escape to the rally.

I plan to move stuff all through September and then one big push on the big stuff on the last weekend in September. Maybe, just maybe, that will get the family in and settled so I can take off October 8 or 9 for the rally.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the trick is not to put all the firewood in one spot.
Especially when you have people drinking with access to diesel fuel!!!! :twisted:

If I drive the M929, I will bring a load of wood. My brother-in-law in Macon county says he will load it up for me! [thumbzup]

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto the field does have Wi Fi . I used it last year it worked great!

I was referring to the area waaaaaay far in the back, past the "bowl" where Mahala was practicing carrier launches.

That area is actually really nice-the trails are in a grid section and they're graveled and all the area is shaded.

The ONLY downside to being that far back is a longer walk to the field. So if we ever end up that far back, everyone needs to buy Mules!

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
speeking of mules i will have mine in the back of the deuce and have ramps for a standard pickup, I would ASSUME there would be a place (ditch,bank or dock) to unload/load it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there is a bank right across from the motorcycle track at the entrance. More banks on back side so no problem at all. Wreckers there to unload as well.

zout

IF I can make it ----- most definately stack all the WOOD in one huge pile again - that was not diesel fuel accountable for the ignition of last years mega stack of wood - it was a higher life form of explosive liquid that assisted in the cumbustion of the giganormous stack of wood - chit - folks had to sit 500 yards away in a circle just to keep from frying off their eye lids (wish I had a picture of that). I know I got a call from the folks in the International Space Station asking what I was up to as they saw it from space. It was funnier yet watching folks try to talk to other folks on the other side of the fire - 500 yds away. Guess you would have to be me to see the humor in this all.

TMNT

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info thread

I have a couple of pictures of that giant fire, Dave. I'll find them and load 'em up here.

Whiterabbit

If you REALLY need power in the back forty let me know. I toss a lil' Honda gen in the back of the truck for you. Won't buy the gas though! Ughhh! Darn sure won't toss the big 5K in there.
I just run a extension cord from the converter in the truck for my needs nowadays.

michigandon

IF I can make it ----- most definately stack all the WOOD in one huge pile again - that was not diesel fuel accountable for the ignition of last years mega stack of wood - it was a higher life form of explosive liquid that assisted in the cumbustion of the giganormous stack of wood - chit - folks had to sit 500 yards away in a circle just to keep from frying off their eye lids (wish I had a picture of that).
That was Donnieco fuel!

80%WVO/20%RUG

Planning on bringing a 55 gallon drum (and then some) with me this year. :twisted:

Spicy

Hey Guys

We are gearing up for the rally. I can not wait for everyone to see pink in person. Plus I'm hoping to hit the gun range some. I can not wait to start help cooking in the MK-T.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure the fire was how we found our way in last year. We just looked for the glow from the south east when we were leaving Atlanta.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
we are heading that way on Oct 9 if anyone is coming near Greenville SC and would like to convoy let me know and we can set up a meet place

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks