• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Ga. Rally buy/sell/trade thread

av8or

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BOBBER KITs Anyone need either a 2 1/2 ton or 5 ton complete kit? Front springs, u-bolts, shocks, etc. $275. for either. Will bring if sold only.

Last edited:

goldneagle

I have 2 Springer Driver's seats from M939 trucks $75 each in very good shape.

I also have a box seat and bench seat attached from M35 that needs new cushions in fair condition $50.

Juanprado will be taking them to the Rally for me.

I also have two 36" HMMWV Bias tires with Runflats mounted on HMMWV rims. They have less than 500 miles on them. $75 each.

I also have a stainless steel M939A0 fuel tank with support brackets (T-bolts were cut) I have 2 new T-bolts that will need to be installed.. $175

M939 soft top frame with bows $150

I have three 5 ton Shackles with pins for $20 each.

Also 1 pair of 3/4" tow bar feet for $70 (no pins)

1 black controll box for M939 truck used $125 (free shipping available on this one)

I will need payment in advance before loading them for delivery to GA Rally. I take MO or Paypal. Please contact me if interested.

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only if you come down and get them!

Vacation is already scheduled, and I already have plans with Kenny to swap out the maintenance box on the 1031 and make it back into a 1028.

I have changed my plans on what I intend to do with my soon to be newly re-converted M1028, so I will no longer need the 5 brand new 24 bolt HMMWV wheels I bought a few years back. $200 for all 5 with the o-rings, valve stems, and hardware kits.

I don't have a lot of room, so I am only going to bring them if someone wants them.

jrobinson5093

I have a first gen 12 Valve cummins 5.9. I got it around a year ago. I seen it run once, then removed it from the truck. I has no starter, flywheel, or fuel pump. I do have the getrag trans adapter for it. I got it to put in my mud truck but have not had the time or the money to do any thing with it. I offer no guaranty on it. Trade offers welcome but cash price is 1500. I will only bring it if some one wants it.

Smokinyoda

I have 7 - 14.5-R20 Michelin tires from a M35A3 that I will bring only if they are sold first. Not good at estimated tread % so here is a pic with a quarter for comparison. How about $500 for all 7?
This is for the tires only, no wheels included.

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also for your consideration: I have a decent M931A1 up in GA along with an M1101. Accepting reasonable offers to keep me from having it hauled down here to FL. Runs good.
Hey what are those good looking trucks in the background :) Looks like a nice 923 and M62 Wrecker

ke5eua

I'm posting this here because it's been in the classifieds and has not moved. I still have the missile command trailer and I want to get rid of it. If I have a buyer I'll try to have someone haul it to the rally.
This a pretty cool trailer. If you saw Walkerhunters mobile hooch last year you know what can be done with these trailers. Yep, they are a pain to maneuver but you just don't see a lot of them.
I'm asking 1400.00 cash but I might take part of that in trade if you have something I can't live without. The trailer has issues, the roof has leaked for a while and the interior needs lots of love. It is wired for 110/220 and has a breaker box inside. The tires have very good tread but they are old. I think it has the same size tires and rims as the M37 family of vehicles. It pulled good back from Redstone at 65mph behind the M927.
I'm digging it, if you had to rate it on a 0-10 scale of work needed where would it fall? I've seen it in the classifieds just passed it over many times because it looks like it needs more work than what it's worth.

To me the frame is whats worth something. Is it a solid frame with the box attached or is the box part of the frame?

auctionaddict

I have one that was in the m944a1 I sold, I will look for numbers and let you know.

Need 2 cheap yet servicable mechanics creepers that are the type used by the military.

Manufacturer Information:
4910-00-251-6981 64067 SOURCEAMERICA
A-A-50313 81348 FEDERAL SPECIFICATIONS PROMULGATED BY GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION WASHINGTON DC D 91770 R AND L MFG CO INC
KKK-C-650 81348 FEDERAL SPECIFICATIONS PROMULGATED BY GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION WASHINGTON DC
KKK-C-650 TYI 80244 GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION FEDERAL SUPPLY SERVICE
KKKC650C 81348 FEDERAL SPECIFICATIONS PROMULGATED BY GENERAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATION WASHINGTON DC
M 36540 LISLE CORPORATION
97502 36540 LISLE CORPORATION
97302(C) 36540 LISLE CORPORATION

Techincal Specification:
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS ITEM DESCRIPTION MALL WOOD CONSTRUCTION FLAT BED; SINGLE WHEEL TYPE CASTERS MOUNTED DIRECTLY ON BED; PIVOT PIN SWIVEL CASTERS; 0.500 IN. MIN FLOOR CLEARANCE; 35.000 IN. MIN LG; 14.500 IN. MIN W; 3.750 IN. MAX H EXCLUDING HEAD REST
NONDEFINITIVE SPEC/STD DATA I TYPE

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

I'm digging it, if you had to rate it on a 0-10 scale of work needed where would it fall? I've seen it in the classifieds just passed it over many times because it looks like it needs more work than what it's worth.

To me the frame is whats worth something. Is it a solid frame with the box attached or is the box part of the frame?
To put a decent paint job on the outside it needs to be either media blasted or a lot of hand sanding to remove loose paint. The roof leaks around the hatch on top but Cool Seal would fix that.
The inside needs a complete do over, floors, walls and ceiling (I'd rate it at an eight 8). The good news is that you would be doing that anyway to make a mobile man cave out of it. The wiring seems to be in good shape and there is a big breaker box inside.
The running gear can be unbolted from the box (kind of like a uni-body) and the box set on the adjustable legs. I saw many of them like that up at Redstone which is where this one came from. I've also seen them sitting on railroad ties or concrete pads and used as line shacks in motor pools.
I do have someone that will haul it to the rally if I have a buyer willing to put some money down on it or it can be picked up here at the farm.
To tell the truth this thing is a couple of days from the scrapper since I need to generate some revenue. I showed the pictures to my local scrap guy and he offered 1000 bucks and I keep the five tires and rims. His plan is to remove/scrap the suspension and use the box for a break room for his guys that do the cutting and burning out on the yard.
If you are truly interested PM me and we can try to work something out. I'd rather see it behind a MV than sitting in the scrap yard on blocks.