• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

ke5eua

Phantom 2 could do 20-25 min, I'm using the FC40 which has the smaller battery compartment. I've done 12 min withou the gimbal.
Forgot to ask about the wifi link for the live video feed. Is it open or is there security on it.

I want to do a full packet dump on one of your fly overs and see if I can pull the raw video feed out of it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Open link but only one device can log onto the camera. The actual recording is on a micro sd in the camera. I plan to make all of the video available to everyone.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone heading in from Alabama or West Georgia? I thought I'd be cute and try to stack a M101 on the 5th wheel of the SEMTT and tow my trailer/S-318 behind. No dice, too long and wide.

Rmtaunton

For all participating in the great "swap Andy's motor out in record time :) can you please PM me with what your bringing and suggestions on things to bring . I am sure we are way more than covered. But it's the little stuff that often gets missed.

I will then compile all things and tools and email back to all of you.

Thank you

Robert Taunton

Rmtaunton

Man I'm hoping the engine swap goes smooth so I can do the Hardball convoy.
Gimp, I'll bring enough safety vests for all your coordinated special lifting operations.
Do we have enough firewood yet? If not, you guys with dumpers can stop by most wood yards and get rootballs for free.
Really ....... There are so many experts volunteering for this job ....... Not to mention a crane operater who can flip a burger , ........ Well if there is a line at the MKT you might miss it all ...

Last edited:
Ok guys I hope I am posting in the correct thread for the Ga rally I was hoping to find someone that was heading past Ringold Ga 75s to rally then relay my truck 75s to Ocala area to My home I don't know if that's possible I am on a fixed income so funds are limited all my belongings are in the back so this would help my family tremendously.

Last edited:

Rmtaunton

Good point might have to tape off the area so all the contributing folks won't get distracted ...... Hmmm maybe we will need a narrator outside the tape lol and yes I am bringing a stop watch not a clock.... Just kidding . This motor swap will be done right and safe and with all of us rechecking every thing before that button gets pushed :) Andy will be going on the hardball.

ke5eua

Good point might have to tape off the area so all the contributing folks won't get distracted ...... Hmmm maybe we will need a narrator outside the tape lol and yes I am bringing a stop watch not a clock.... Just kidding . This motor swap will be done right and safe and with all of us rechecking every thing before that button gets pushed :) Andy will be going on the hardball.
Make it a golf event, lol

Reminds me of doing a pack split on a M1 with the General Dynamics guy and our WO1 was trying to tell him what to do. That didn't end well for the WO1, in the end we all got a laugh, and got the pack split, fixed and put back together.

If someone is able to flat tow it or has room on a trailer this would be a blessing I also have a neighbor trying to find someone through his church to help but not sure he will help me fix it if I can get it home I just hope someone can help.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the great replies and offers guys and galls. It must be clear that I don't come over just to spend some time with some old farts and youngsters on steroids driving around with old MVs. This I can do here as well.

Its clear that there are some pretty special good folks around on the forum and its time to get out of the virtual forum world and spent some good times and put faces to names. Check if they are really real people and maybe I then can understand some of the insider jokes as well.

My travel plans are still open. Last and least option is flying directly to Atlanta on Monday or Tuesday and flying back Sunday or Monday.

I am actually looking into flying to New York, Washington, Chicago, Boston, or similar large hub airport. They are a few $$ cheaper than flights to Atlanta, and also maybe a bit shorter. Then get a drive-away car and just drive from up north to whatever the destination of the car is and from there to Durham. Or whatever. (did I already tell that I hate flying?).

Anybody recently flew to Europe? Recommendations and tips are always welcome, last time I flew State-side was 2006.

Whatever my plans, I would like to be on location on Tuesday, have a look at the lay of the land and be involved from the beginning. I will get more clear on how to do this later this week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks