• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
So where will the load out be, not on the end of the berm like the last two years, that seemed a good out of the way place

Your buddy, poppop! He saves a bag out just for the rally. We both get to smile when we offer some to the yankees, who turn several shades of colors (at the same time) I have trouble describing once they realize the peanuts are NOT roasted. We've converted a few of the stronger souls. As far as the rest of 'em, just more for us'ns.
My wife LOVES boiled peanuts!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So where will the load out be, not on the end of the berm like the last two years, that seemed a good out of the way place
On the dirt road past registration in the back open area past red barn. Due to the loss of space in the field area it was deemed unsafe to have wrecker operations in the field area.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That's cool, I will just move the wrecker to that site when load out ect is needed, If I leave it there the dirt bike crowd will steal ALL the tools, the fuel cans, all the chain they can carry, wheel chocks and what ever else they can find. I DO NOT have a problem with SSers stealing things from the m819, never has happened and do not think it ever will, on the other hand the dirt bag dirt bikers WOULD strip it down, Since I have put a LOT time and money to out fit the 819 for its recovery mission and being that I CAN NOT keep a eye on the truck at this location, we will just move to that location when needed, this will actually work out GOOD for the 819 because it will allow it to warm up a bit before doing the lift

Whiterabbit

The wife and I usually toss our tent in that general area. We'll keep an eye on it.
I think the dirt bike guys are a lil' too intimidated to go near the big rigs.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have edited post #2 with this link but be aware that there is an effort to put together some "rideshare" events to help groups of members make the Ga. Rally:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...o-GA-Rally-Texas-and-potentially-other-states

Although the members organizing this are from Texas, I would say other far away efforts are acceptable. If the threads becomes difficult to follow, I'll break it up to various regions.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, lets be a clear on this.

Unless finalizing last year's project goes horrible wrong, its 80% sure I will be attending. If nothing else, I will be flying into Atlanta on Tuesday, spend the whole time at the rally, and flying back next Monday.

I try to extend it and have some other fun as well, but have to critically watch my budget.

This project we pre-financed and the State funding agency had some comments on technical points. It looks like we have sorted it on the critical points, but we will not be sure until later in September. It looked we would end up with not getting our pre-financing back giving us a bankrupting US $$ 11,000 loss! However, things seem to be back on track so if not too much other things go wrong I should be good to go.

Have to say it softly though, don't want to alert the gods for any pranks like cheering too early etc. I am not superstitious but I am not sure they know it; why take unnecessary risk.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife, daughter, and I LOVE boiled peanuts!! I prefer salted, not the spicy ones. Will they be available at the MKT?

poppop

Yes, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will be there with boiled peanuts. Last year they were at twrights coffee tent next to the MKT. I will do my best to have roasted for the Yanks that refuse to be converted also. Of course I will be cooking my stone ground grits for breakfast every day and there will be cane syrup on the tables for your dining pleasure.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I will be there with boiled peanuts. Last year they were at twrights coffee tent next to the MKT. I will do my best to have roasted for the Yanks that refuse to be converted also. Of course I will be cooking my stone ground grits for breakfast every day and there will be cane syrup on the tables for your dining pleasure.
Lloyd

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten.
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!
In Dixie Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin'.
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!
I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand,
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie!
Away, away, away down south in Dixie!

Can I have regular peanuts now?

:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roasted Lloyd, roasted.

One of my most enjoyable memories of my first SSGR was sitting around the campfire eating your roasted nuts.

(There is just no good way to say that.):doh:

poppop

Whiterabbit, thats what they were supposed to do. People move barricades and drive around them. No one has ever moved one of my trucks or questioned why they were there. Did you come to the slow tractor race??? I was the winner.