• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

Whiterabbit

LOL! I might have too, I got rid of my engine hoist!(big mistake!)

Last year was a blast, tons of vehicles and tons of fun.
Hope there is twice as many attendees this year! That would be crazy but fun!
Vehicle count.jpgPiechart of vehicles.jpgClinto's graph from last yr.
Best rally I've ever attended and come **** or high water I'll be there and the wife too in her lil' A2!
(watch out! She's an off road newbe!) :driver:

Then again I've been known to have a bad trail riding day too!
rolly.gif

Last edited:

andy3

Looks like I will help a couple of Clinto's Graphs and contribute to the fun the the Duncan Deuce motor swap rodeo. I'll arrive under tow and leave as a powered vehicle. Being the glutton I am I might arrive with a gaggle of kids to bump the numbers up.

RAYZER

I think there should be a "wrecker" piece of the pie!
hat is included in the"7 other" category? Maybe there could be a trailer category in the graph!
uploadfromtaptalk1407973507188.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I will help a couple of Clinto's Graphs and contribute to the fun the the Duncan Deuce motor swap rodeo. I'll arrive under tow and leave as a powered vehicle. Being the glutton I am I might arrive with a gaggle of kids to bump the numbers up.
That would be fun. It's your horse and you can beat it as you wish but if it were my horse, I would be working on getting the bolts between the left fender and the cab loose. You can easily change an engine with the fenders in place but man, it's sure a breeze with the left one off. Just my 2cents

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That would be fun. It's your horse and you can beat it as you wish but if it were my horse, I would be working on getting the bolts between the left fender and the cab loose. You can easily change an engine with the fenders in place but man, it's sure a breeze with the left one off. Just my 2cents
We can do that

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would have expected much more jeep-like vehicles. Jeeps, Dodge WCs and CUCVs together are 36, same as the deuces. Given the fuel consumption and other considerations, having 36 deuces and 26 5-tons at a rally is an amazing result.
If you go to most MVPA meets, the demographic is older and skews more towards Jeeps and WC's.

The SS demographics are younger and skew heavily towards the 6x6's as that's what is available and affordable.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been suggested by our safety personnel that everyone bring some sort of fire ant insecticide. I used AMDRO last year and most of mine was used at the hotel in town.

I suggest some sort of mosquito repellent as well. I won't recommend what kind as what I use might not be what you feel safe to use.

andy3

I would think we would fog out most flying insects with all the diesel's running. Comet or diatomaceous earth are both great for crawling stuff. They can't cross the line of the stuff.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although it's been at least two weeks since there was a post on food, let's keep that part open till after the Labor Day holiday, in case some folks have missed it. Not very many picky eaters have voiced their opinions yet, and if they do not wish to do so publicly, they can send me a PM instead. I should have a menu ready to post by Sept. 8 and will be food shopping shortly after that for the canned foods. List for the fresh/frozen foods will not be used till Monday before the rally.

Whiterabbit

Who's bringing the boiled Pnuts? Life is good with boiled Pnuts!
Going to the Brooklet peanut festival tomorrow but I don't think there will be any left by the time the rally rolls around! Might not be any left by the time I get home! :lol:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your buddy, poppop! He saves a bag out just for the rally. We both get to smile when we offer some to the yankees, who turn several shades of colors (at the same time) I have trouble describing once they realize the peanuts are NOT roasted. We've converted a few of the stronger souls. As far as the rest of 'em, just more for us'ns.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first year I was at the rally Lloyd brought a bag of each. I am hoping he does again for us northerners who have no taste for the boiled. :)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am going to bring two red hats, these are for the ground personnel that are giving directions to the crane/wrecker and skid steer with forks, It has been a miracle that no one has been hurt so far. In the past, there is always at least 4 people trying to give directions at the same tine, the operator is NOT a mind reader, so this year we are going to try the hat and the operator followers the hats directions ONLY, the ground person owns that piece of equipment till the job is done, also most of the time the operator CANNOT here voice directions, if there is any doubt on what is to happen, the operator and the ground person talk it over. Neither the wrecker/crane or the skid steer should be moving unless there is a ground person with it, there is so many people and kids moving around that this just makes good safety sense.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to bring two red hats, these are for the ground personnel that are giving directions to the crane/wrecker and skid steer with forks, It has been a miracle that no one has been hurt so far. In the past, there is always at least 4 people trying to give directions at the same tine, the operator is NOT a mind reader, so this year we are going to try the hat and the operator followers the hats directions ONLY, the ground person owns that piece of equipment till the job is done, also most of the time the operator CANNOT here voice directions, if there is any doubt on what is to happen, the operator and the ground person talk it over. Neither the wrecker/crane or the skid steer should be moving unless there is a ground person with it, there is so many people and kids moving around that this just makes good safety sense.

Wrecker/Load Out/Special Operations will not be anywhere near the main field this year. I do like the idea of the crane operator only following ground person orders, and 47 of them at once either. Thank you Ron.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks