• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I highly suggest in the strongest possible terms that no one stay in the Holiday Lodge in Greensboro.

Unless of course they tore it down and you are camping on the grave.

I'm not kidding......

unaffiliated

The two reviews I read on Yelp were very entertaining. I give the 3 girls an A+ for creative writing while at the same time attempting to be as polite as possible.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok

Cars up on blocks in the parking lot should have been my first clue.
A printed sheet with all my information including credit card laying on the counter should have been number two.
The place smelled like something (not sure what).
All the doors were open, yes open.
Couple doing the nasty in one room as I walked by. (Good or bad)
Always carried a weapon because that felt right.

I read the reviews and chalked them up to BS. I was wrong.

As bad as it is/was I found an even worse place in Louisville for the MVPA this summer. Lung butter on the bedspread, hookers and crack, oh my. I've been in better places in Olongapo City in the Philippines.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I once stayed in a fleabag motel in Forrest, Mississippi. When I called the front desk to complain about the roaches the clerk said, "just put some food on a plate on the other side of the room and they'll leave you alone".:shock:

This place was so bad the working girls wouldn't even use it.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure your wife reads all the threads. The hotel you booked is NOT the one with the problems!

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great reviews. I'll probably sleep in the back of my deuce. That's what I did last time. It's very convenient to have camp ready to go upon arrival and nothing to pack up when it's time to go. Staying in the back of the deuce is good livin'.

After staying at a remote rent by the hour hotel in KY during our first PCS my wife has insisted on a "float above the bed" kit. Basically we travel with our own linens so we don't have to sleep on filthy beds in the event of an unplanned overnight stop.

During a vacation we stayed at a Days Inn in Munising, MI with significant blood spatter on the ceiling. Of course we asked for another room after reporting the blood to the night clerk. I felt bad for the people we saw coming out of that room the next morning. Apparently they didn't notice the blood on the ceiling.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
21 days folks. Official start of the rally is 3 weeks from TODAY. Get ready, time will surely fly now.

Whiterabbit

Signs that I should find another hotel.
Parking lot=
Busted beer and liquor bottles.
Car on blocks.
Small pieces of glass from car side windows being busted out.
Any lawn furniture.
Unmarked cop car across the street.
Lobby=
Anyone that looks like they dropped outt'a school at age 8 to support a drug habit.
Room=
Any yellow Crime Scene tape remnants stuck on doors.
Any bullet holes in door.
Blood spatter or DNA on anything.
:eek:

TMNT

Yeah, I'm not even going to that neighborhood. If there are any of those "signs" within 5 miles of a hotel, I'm not staying there. Another bad sign is any bar with the word "Blue" in it, next door or nearby. Blue Lagoon, Blue Rodeo, Blue Monkey.....any of those are bad news. That's experience talking right there.

Rmtaunton

Geeeeesch and I was worried about the cabin/ trailer I rented , but on second thought there will probably be a truck on , blocks , bunch of shady people, and randomn people peeing outside ,, hmmmmm what's that hotels number lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks